Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Medical lab screw-up

I am anxiously awaiting blood work results that were drawn yesterday (Thursday). I just got my awaited phone call - and I find out that my samples were dropped by the lab. So at 7pm on Friday night. I waited in line at the lab draw place three hours yesterday. Because we're in the boonies, samples have to be shipped to process.
    So now I have to drive an hour to the draw place on Monday and go through all that waiting there again. With people that are there to Covid-test. so they can ship my samples and I Might - might - get results Tuesday if I can get there early enough.

I know accidents happen. I really do. But now I have to wait through the weekend to Tuesday or Wednesday to get results I was supposed to get today. And risk the whole Covid mess again. This time - I really wish it had happened to someone else.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so sorry, that is awful! Huge hugs to you!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh that sucks! Any chance the lab is willing to give you a priority slot for the re-test since it was their screw up??

Ugh I’m so sorry. That really really sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Oh that sucks! Any chance the lab is willing to give you a priority slot for the re-test since it was their screw up??
    I’m so sorry OP, I would be mad too. And I like mikala’s idea- ask for a priority testing spot. Let them know how long you had to wait only to have your sample dropped.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Got a phone call from the testing place today. She was so upset that this happened, she pretty much made me feel bad! I asked - their staff had already worked 65 hours that week by the time they got to my stuff. Doesn't excuse it, but I do understand they're overwhelmed with Covid tests. She gave me a numeric code to give at the drawing place so they don't charge me - I hadn't even thought of that! The drawing place doesn't do appointments; it's all walk-in. I'm planning to be there first thing and hope.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

How sucky.
    I’m assuming you don’t have a Quest or LabCorp available anywhere? Because they take appointments.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is awful! They should give you a priority spot so you don’t have to wait again.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    The drawing place doesn't do appointments; it's all walk-in. I'm planning to be there first thing and hope.

I would still call first. Even if you call from their front door. They need to know that you are doing a re-draw and why! With luck, they will prioritize you and you won't have to wait.

Years ago when DC was smaller, it was horrendous to do a blood draw on the child. I collected all the orders from all the doctors and in we went. DC SCREAMED, cried, kicked... it was awful. It was even worse when they called the next day to say that they missed two pages and we had to come back! Thankfully, we were able to make an appointment and it worked out (with major child drama), but UGH!!!

Update: Went this morning. Waited 25 minutes outdoors; not bad at all. The crew working knew what was going on, which was nice. Overall, about the best outcome possible. Still waiting for results, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast