Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Favorite OTC for warts?

Ds2 has a cluster of warts on his foot and just talked to the Dr.. They were helpful but had no specific recommendations. Ds2 thinks he would prefer the freeze type option but there are so many choices on the Target website.
    His Dr. doesn't treat them and is more in the "eh, they'll just go away but if they other you then grab something at the store [and these are the pros and cons of the general types]".
    Thanks!

Wart stick. It is not a freeze type but it works. Apply at night and cover. (Bandaid, tape, etc). It is usually under $10 on amazon.

You need to get script for wart peel. NuCara pharmacy makes it. It’s out of pocket, but it actually works.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've tried a few for DS and honestly none of them worked. We finally went to a dermatologist and got them frozen off.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    I've tried a few for DS and honestly none of them worked. We finally went to a dermatologist and got them frozen off.
    Same here for the ones on DS1's hands.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Coloplast is a bandage we have used. In combo with freezing and prescription imiquamod.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mediplast!

It takes awhile and it looks horrendous, but it works! It can be hard to find so call around. They also usually have it on Amazon. It comes as a "sheet", just cut it to the size that you need and put a bandaid over the spot.

When I was a teen, I had a doctor remove part of my cluster warts and then tell me I couldn't swim for 4 weeks (it was the first day of summer vacation). I was not happy and told him so. He gave me the info on mediplast and I didn't go back for the rest to be removed. It did take about 6 months, but it worked !

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This has been a life saver. We tried so many different approaches and this was the only thing that worked

https://www.amazon.com/THUJA-HOMEOPA...x=thuja&sr=8-3

After two unsuccessful removals at the pediatrician my daughters planters wart this summer we had good luck with Compound W bandaids.

Our pediatrician recommended duct tape. Seriously. She said it will take a long time (weeks?) but if you keep it covered, it will eventually kill the wart.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast