Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    Our pediatrician recommended duct tape. Seriously. She said it will take a long time (weeks?) but if you keep it covered, it will eventually kill the wart.
    I just remembered that tip today!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So many great ideas! I feel just as overwhelmed as I was earlier But, this helps to narrow it down and gave me some new ideas. Thank you!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Warts as so so tricky. You should look on the warts subreddit!!! DD has about 5 on each foot, the derm has frozen them 2x and they are still there, she has had 40% acid, still there. She had to have one burned off her thumb. What works for one person doesn't work for others. Apple cider vinegar is also supposed to work for some. We are back at the derm next week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got rid of one on DD’s foot and one on my finger with apple cider vinegar. Cut cotton/gauze to fit the wart. Put apple cider vinegar on it. Put the soaked pad on the wart at night and cover with a bandaid. Take it off in the morning and leave it alone. I like it bc you only deal with it at night and it works well!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Duck tape was the thing that worked for us too, after trying compound W unsuccessfully.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Zantac (ranitidine) works great! DH and DS both used this successfully.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I need to try the apple cider. DS has about 4 on his feet that we've been going to the dr and getting "beetle juiced" and they still aren't gone after about 4 treatments. she swears it's better than freezing, but it not fully clearing them up.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had one on the ball of my foot for quite a long time. Duct tape didn't work at all, sadly. Neither did tea tree oil. I didn't want derm to freeze it off because I think I have Reynauds and the freezing of past warts was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I finally had success with Dr. Scholls Clear Away for Plantars Warts (little medicated dot with a sticky pad that covers it). It did take maybe 2 months of continuous treatment (change the dot every 2 days, scrub away dead layers) but it worked, didn't hurt, and the sticky pad stays in place very well. I wear a ton of dress shoes w/out socks and duct tape always slid around as my foot got sweaty and then got the inside of my shoes all gummy with sticky tape mess. That didn't happen with the sticky pads at all.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

As you can see what works "great" for one person doesn't even touch them for a others. Warts are awfully difficult and even dermatologists tell you that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We spent well over a year using various over-the-counter, duct tape, etc... and nothing touched DS's warts. We finally got a scrip for Wart Peel, used all the same procedures, and they were gone in a couple weeks. It uses some kind of proprietary tape in addition to the ointment. We had great luck with it, would recommend! But I think it does need a prescription.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast