Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our derm told us they don’t freeze them off they just let them run their course. We didn’t do anything to DC’s and they eventually cleared on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by cckwmh View Post
    Wart stick. It is not a freeze type but it works. Apply at night and cover. (Bandaid, tape, etc). It is usually under $10 on amazon.
    DD kept getting them in her hands and we finally went to a derm for treatment (injection) after unsuccessful freezing). The derm also recommended this to help speed the action of the injection. It seemed to work, as she only needed one visit when we were warned that it would likely take 3 treatments a month apart
    Each. We did also start Tagamet but I don’t think that had much to do with it because she only took a few pills. Try the wart stick.
    Last edited by calebsmama03; 01-16-2021 at 10:53 PM.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We were told Tagamet would help, it didn't. DD has the most stubborn warts, am sure made worse due to swim team and wearing hockey skates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    We were told Tagamet would help, it didn't. DD has the most stubborn warts, am sure made worse due to swim team and wearing hockey skates.

Look into wart peel for those stubborn planters warts from swim. Worked for 2 of my kids
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We see the derm on Thurs and am going to ask a lot of questions, we have done so many things for 2 years.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We see the derm on Thurs and am going to ask a lot of questions, we have done so many things for 2 years.

Please share what they say if you remember! DS's are from swim too.

Ask about the candida injections. A friend suggested them to us and we asked the derm when we had tried to many things and nothing worked. She did insist on trying one round of their “freezing” first and then an acid peel (TCA maybe?) but when those didn’t work she did the injection. She said it would likely take 2-3 rounds to get full benefit but they resolved after 1 round. Wish we’d forcefully insisted on them first rather than wasting so much money on ineffective treatments (high deductible plan so all was out of pocket ). The candida injections are not covered by insurance but the cost was around $70 (plus the office visit).

I am writing all these suggestions down. DD is on medicaid insurance so we will also have to see what's covered. The cryotherapy isn't doing anything (as well as a compounded high strength salisylic acid and duct tape covering).

When she was 7 she had 1 wart and it responded to beetle juice, but now she has about 10.

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No More Warts essential oil from Plant Therapy worked for my son. Took about a week. We tried a few other treatments first that didn’t work. https://www.planttherapy.com/no-more...iABEgKCG_D_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3