Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We all had Covid in December. Thankfully mild cases all around. We were told if you have Covid it’s 10 days from your first day of symptoms as long as you no longer have symptoms. If you don’t have Covid but had exposure it’s 14 days since day of exposure.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infocrazy View Post

We had covid. Fortunately mild but it went through the family 1 or 2 at a time. My 2 kids who never got it (and also tested negative for antibodies but not sure how long it takes to show them) were in Quarantine for 37 days...it was excruciating. DH was done after 10 days.
    I have heard so many people with stories like that and it sounds so awful. I think it would have been better to just mingle and get it over with in some ways.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Here's the CDC page for him: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...isolation.html

Here are the guidelines for your quarantine. The timer starts at your last contact with him, so it depends on how much you're able to fully avoid shared spaces and contact within your home.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

He should not test for 90 days as he could come up positive, even though he has no symptoms. The guidelines say that as long as symptoms such as fever are no longer present, he should return to work. I am part of a large healthcare SLP group who work in nursing homes and the "negative test not needed" is standard. Some people will test positive for a long time!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    He should not test for 90 days as he could come up positive, even though he has no symptoms. The guidelines say that as long as symptoms such as fever are no longer present, he should return to work. I am part of a large healthcare SLP group who work in nursing homes and the "negative test not needed" is standard. Some people will test positive for a long time!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, I’m fact we DO NOT test at my hospital if someone has been positive in the past 90 days, because it’s useless clinical information.

The confusion comes from the fact that 14 days IS the quarantine length, but the CDC acknowledges that day 10-14 has reduced risk of transmission and other needs might balance it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2