Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    I just want to say not to let small size and low weight lead you to assume she won’t hit puberty soon. Mine was so tiny when she started to get hair and buds, and was only 80-some pounds when she got her first period.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I agree, DD was about 75 lbs, and slim and the day after she turned 11, got her period. Right before her face erupted in pimples and she had discharge, I felt so awful for her (my entry into puberty was at almost 14 and not a pimple etc).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes to both of those. Dd2 definitely has the beginning of breast buds. She is maybe 70lbs, but I think she started puberty earlier than DD1 by about 6 months. My grandma in 1939 at just 10 years old got her period and she has always been tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you! I am surprised, but relieved to hear that 9 is relatively normal and not a sign of early puberty! It is still a wakeup call to me about how fast kids grow up! I swear I was posting about whether to be induced or not with her just the other day, lol.

I really don't want her to have to worry about a period as a child. I got mine one month before 14, but they were heavy and painful and a lot for me to deal with, even as a teen. They still are!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2