Has anyone camped here? We're unfamiliar with the park and would love some tips. ESPECIALLY on places to stay since those fill up so quickly!

We're planning on going next summer. Either DH or I with the two oldest boys because both have been working so hard in school and it is part of an incentive plan that I'm offering.

We're thinking camping. We're imagining that COVID will be more under control than right now and we hope that DS1 and the two adults will at least be able to get vaccines. That said, we're still thinking camping is a good idea. I don't know, I prefer hotels but I'm not sure if that is a good/or a bad idea? Would love feedback on this as well.

We will be driving there. It is an almost 9 hour drive each way. How many days should we plan on. Would 3 days in the park be enough to have a good experience? Vacation days aren't impossible but we're planning on a family vacation to the sierras (Mammoth) for the summer as well so we need to be mindful of not taking too many days away.

Would love your feedback on places to stay, length of stay, and of course on any must-do activities!