Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Yeesh they aren't meeting until Feb.26th though is my understanding! I get that they don't want to rush the approval process more than it already is and don't pretend to know the logistics involved but it seems like this is taking forever.
    This is consistent with the time interval between application and meeting for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, right?

My mom has her vaccine appointment on Feb 26. I'm kind of glad to know she'll be getting Pfizer or Moderna even if J&J ends up being comparable in the end.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

J&J approval would be such a boon to the vaccine process! Between the fact that it is only one dose and the fact that it doesn't have the tricky storage requirements I think this could really help us get out of this! The TWIV people were talking about how J&J, being a big company, could scale this up quickly too.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I thought you all might find this interesting. Skip to 8:15.
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000507543756

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    This is consistent with the time interval between application and meeting for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, right?

My mom has her vaccine appointment on Feb 26. I'm kind of glad to know she'll be getting Pfizer or Moderna even if J&J ends up being comparable in the end.
    I just told DH at lunch that I hope I can get my mom one before the J&J becomes available. She's high risk. I would prefer she have the greater known efficacy right now.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Yeesh they aren't meeting until Feb.26th though is my understanding! I get that they don't want to rush the approval process more than it already is and don't pretend to know the logistics involved but it seems like this is taking forever.
    Seriously, this is truly light speed for this type of approval - 3 weeks from submission to advisory committee is unheard of prior to these vaccines. They have to publish the notice with a certain time frame and give all the participants time to review the data.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Seriously, this is truly light speed for this type of approval - 3 weeks from submission to advisory committee is unheard of prior to these vaccines. They have to publish the notice with a certain time frame and give all the participants time to review the data.
    Thanks, good to know. It just seems like they've been talking about it "any day now" for over a month and pretty sure I saw an interview with Faucci where he was saying in early Jan he expected it out in two or three weeks. (It's also possible he said he expected them to apply for it in 2-3 weeks and I misunderstood that it would still be a few months but it didn't seem that way from the interview..) In any case, I definitely don't begrudge them the time to make sure it is safe but it would be nice if if could be out sooner.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    This is really good news. J&J will be able to be given at physician practices and anywhere. The biggest issue with Moderna and Pfizer is that it is such a PITA to properly store and ensure that none of it goes to waste, patients not showing up or running short (ie: pfizer can technically get 6 doses from the vial, but sometimes we can only get 5... that puts us short, if we open a new vial, then we have too many doses and have to rush around either calling people in or HINT if a spouse who is the same age group tags along, sometimes we give them the extra shot). This is the reason why physician practices haven't been able to dispense the vax is due to the high maintenance of proper storage and use.
    I read that Pfizer is applying for approval to put 15 doses in each vial to speed up distribution.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    I read that Pfizer is applying for approval to put 15 doses in each vial to speed up distribution.
    That can make it tricky due to storage though. If it is a fast paced environment with lots of nurses and space for patients they can dispense it quickly. But if not, it could pose other issues. The types of needed used to draw the vaccine is also a concern, we definitely have our, 'favorite' that we like, but there is a shortage, and supposedly they are working on that too.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    That can make it tricky due to storage though. If it is a fast paced environment with lots of nurses and space for patients they can dispense it quickly. But if not, it could pose other issues. The types of needed used to draw the vaccine is also a concern, we definitely have our, 'favorite' that we like, but there is a shortage, and supposedly they are working on that too.
    I heard they were working on needles and on gloves as that was another concern.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So new is that the Astra Zeneca vaccine doesn’t work too well against the South African variant. I don’t know if there is any data on the Pfizer vaccine, but overall that news is a blow to both Astra Zeneca as well as Johnson and Johnson since their vaccines probable have similar efficacies

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast