Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So many people that are eligible are refusing at this point. I was wondering if having the J&J vaccine coming soon would get those people that were refusing to get this one, instead. I know for myself I am very reluctant to get the RNA vaccines, and I don't know much about the J&J. I have serious allergies, and I am concerned with long-term possible effects. It's so hard for a non-medical person to know what info to believe. I'm actually glad I am not yet eligible and can have more time to consider and see further developments.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    So many people that are eligible are refusing at this point. I was wondering if having the J&J vaccine coming soon would get those people that were refusing to get this one, instead. I know for myself I am very reluctant to get the RNA vaccines, and I don't know much about the J&J. I have serious allergies, and I am concerned with long-term possible effects. It's so hard for a non-medical person to know what info to believe. I'm actually glad I am not yet eligible and can have more time to consider and see further developments.
    I think there is a reason to be concerned about the mRNA vaccines based on what they've observed in other people with allergies. I think we'll know more in not too much time!

Personally, like many of you I'll take what I can get (and I have no factors that would make me eligible any time soon!) but honestly would rather like to get one of those mRNA vaccines myself. They are so incredibly effective I can't get over what a miracle they are!

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is how I feel exactly! My turn is coming up soon as a teacher, but since we aren’t in person and won’t be going back anytime soon, I’m in no hurry.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is how I feel exactly! My turn is coming up soon as a teacher, but since we aren’t in person and won’t be going back anytime soon, I’m in no hurry.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’m in the same boat working remotely and not in a hurry to get one as a result. I’d rather people who need it or have to go to work in person get in line before someone like me does.
    I’m not thinking too much about vaccine safety for myself. I would be much more concerned when and if it’s the kids turn to get vaccinated, which isn’t even on the horizon yet for my kids 12 and 9. But when that happens, I’m going to be worrying about everything under the sun. I’d feel the same way if I had a teen.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m teaching preschool in-person 3 days a week, so I am eligible to get the vaccine soon (1b should be beginning of Feb). I’m hoping to get the Moderna vaccine, but will take whatever I get! I’m the only person in our family that goes out in public for work right now. DS will be starting in-person school tomorrow 2 days a week. He will be 12 next month so as soon as he can get the vaccine, I will be signing him up.
    DS 2/09

So many people that are eligible are refusing at this point.
    Interesting. It seems they can't get vaccines to people in my state fast enough. Everyone's up in arms about not having quick enough access to the vaccine. I haven't come across anyone yet who has said they're waiting or not going to get it when they're eligible.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Interesting. It seems they can't get vaccines to people in my state fast enough. Everyone's up in arms about not having quick enough access to the vaccine. I haven't come across anyone yet who has said they're waiting or not going to get it when they're eligible.
    Same thing here on my FB feed even some in California. I think I have seen 5-10 posts mainly from medical workers all getting it. My cousin is 46, not employed in a high risk job, but her husband is 70 and high risk (due to cancer) and she got her first dose today. Her husband gets his next week. I have yet to see anyone say they would turn down the option to get the vaccine. Dh’s grandma is 100 and should be getting the vaccine soon as well, if she chooses. She lives one county over from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Same...we live in Trump country. Like I still have neighbors with Trump flags (and not American flags) in their yards, etc.

They had 130,000 people register for vaccines and they have like 6000 shots so far...
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As someone is busy proning in the ICU that are getting Covid right now I would advise to take what you can get. Sure, some of these patients have “pre-existing” conditions that can give us cover to think we aren’t going to get so sick, but some don’t. Some were really careful and still got it. I think it’s like driving your car back and forth to your school 3 miles down the road to drop off your kid with no seatbelts. Sure, you probably won’t get into an accident and it will probably be low speed of you do, but still a crappy idea. I’m currently stressed my MIL is going to get it right before she can get the vaccine and everything we have done will done for 10 months to keep her safe will be for naught.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast