Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Got the script filled but opted not to take one last night. I just don't feel like I'm that sick? This may be controversial but my thinking is that if I start feeling it, I'll have the pills to take it and knock it out. As it is, I felt no discomfort at all from about 11 a.m. yesterday and up through this morning. Until a couple of hours after getting up and then I had mild discomfort (burning but not too much pain).

In the mean time I'm trying to follow yeast protocols as described by the interwebs....this is new territory for me. It consists of eating yogurt, staying away from sugar (which I'm not really eating anyway) and using coconut oil topically. I really don't see the signs of yeast infection though which seems to be characterized by whitish discharge.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

When I have yeast infections there is usually a lot of thick white discharge (sorry tmi). I have beaten both yeast infections and utis without meds so I would probably not take anything unless it gets worse, or you get it confirmed what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    When I have yeast infections there is usually a lot of thick white discharge (sorry tmi). I have beaten both yeast infections and utis without meds so I would probably not take anything unless it gets worse, or you get it confirmed what you have.
    Thank you for sharing--even the details! Not TMI since this is what we're talking about, lol!

When I've had UTIs before I needed medicine like I needed air. This is so different. Again, by about mid morning I have had no pain or symptoms at all. I'll step up the fluids, vitamin C, greek yogurt, etc. I think I feel ok about it.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

yeah, drink lots of water- cranberry juice is helpful if it is a uti.

Doh! Woke up at 1:30 am with more pain that wouldn't abate. I started my antibiotics. I sure hope they treat the right symptom! Now to get through today...

You can buy OTC urine test strips. Regular pharmacies carry Azo brand and even dollar tree sometimes has them. I have UTIs often enough that I just buy from Amazon in bulk so I always have them. You could grab a box from Walgreens and test now. Even with the abx started your first AM urine should be concentrated enough to show if there’s anything.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If UTI symptoms get bad, that Azo brand mentioned above also has numbing meds that really help.
    I headed off a UTI with an insane amount of fluids once (could feel the telltale signs in the middle of the night so couldn't do any other kinds of treatment). By morning I was fine.

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Does this sound UTI? Or yeast infection?

The only major UTI I experienced was when I was 36 weeks pregnant with DS and I had zero symptoms until I woke up in the middle of the night with chills and fever. I spent 2 days in the hospital and was given antibiotics intravenously. The doctors told me my culture showed moderate infection but my body reacted strongly, may be because I was pregnant? It caused me so much anxiety though more than anything else regarding the baby’s safety. Sorry digression but I just wanted to say that it was surprising to me that I would have no symptoms until I got sick.
    Hope you get relief soon OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Thanks guys! I've had 4 pills now and I already feel much better. I'm still sort of tired, so I really do think it was a UTI, it just wasn't super obvious that it was affecting my whole body. I don't get UTIs often (it has been over 10 years!) but I'm going to look at the stores I frequent these days (Target, Costco, Ralphs) and see if I can just locate those diagnostic strips. I don't know that I need to buy them now, but it would be good to know where I can find them in case this happens again. I think I remember those pain meds too and I'll look for them as well.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    The only major UTI I experienced was when I was 36 weeks pregnant with DS and I had zero symptoms until I woke up in the middle of the night with chills and fever. I spent 2 days in the hospital and was given antibiotics intravenously. The doctors told me my culture showed moderate infection but my body reacted strongly, may be because I was pregnant? It caused me so much anxiety though more than anything else regarding the baby’s safety. Sorry digression but I just wanted to say that it was surprising to me that I would have no symptoms until I got sick.
    Hope you get relief soon OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I had one when I was 23 weeks pregnant that was causing contractions but no other symptoms. I had no idea I had one and thought they were early BH since it was my second kid. Luckily (I guess you can say that), I slipped on the stairs and fell down so they wanted me to come in and get checked. When they did a urine test just as a typical pregnancy check, she said she couldn't believe I wasn't sicker and felt that had I waited another day to get checked I would have ended up in the hospital. UTIs are weird with how symptoms present sometimes I think because I had one when I was not pregnant that caused blood in my urine and hurt like heck but according to the dr was "mild."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast