jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO Pulled chicken IP recipe and beet salad recipe

I have frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts I would like to use for BBQ chicken sandwiches tonight. I am also on the hunt for a great beet salad recipe. I love beets. I can eat item straight from the package but would love a salad recipe to try for my family.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use this poached chicken recipe when I need shredded chicken; she gives instructions for both stovetop & Instant Pot:

https://goodcheapeats.com/perfectly-...n-instant-pot/

Since I'm the only person who eats beets here, I don't cook them myself, but helped my SIL find information about roasting them over the summer - they joined a CSA and she didn't know how to manage the beets! (My brother ate them before she could do anything with them.)

Ina Garten roasts them with olive oil, salt, and fresh thyme:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1925366

(You can skip the thyme if that's not your thing.)

For salad, simple vinaigrettes, either homemade or store-bought, work best. They help you balance the sweetness of the roasted beets with the tartness of the vinegar. If you want to, add feta or goat cheese crumbles.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I can’t help with the chicken recipe but I have a nice, light beet salad recipe. I found this recipe in France when I was an au pair. I used to make this salad frequently for my host family. You may need to adjust the seasoning to your taste.

For 6 people-
    2 large cooked red beets
    3 oranges
    1 whole mild small onion (you may find a whole onion to be too much)
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 small bunch of mint leqves
    a pinch of cinnamon
    salt and pepper to taste

Peel and dice the beets. Squeeze the juice from one of the oranges. Remove all the skin and white stuff from the other 2 oranges. Delicately detach the orange pieces and set aside. Slice the onion into thin rings and add them to the beets. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Carefully mix the beets and onions. Add the orange juice, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix again. Decorate with orange pieces and mint leaves on top. Serve chilled. To make it more exotic, you could add a table spoon of fleur d’orange to the sauce.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-21-2021 at 04:55 PM. Reason: I missed my notes at the bottom of the recipe that a whole onion might be too much for the recipe. Ymmv
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.