To my fellow Girl Scout Leaders (or parent volunteers):

In case you haven't already heard about this, GSUSA has made all levels' brand-new Democracy for ... badge pamphlets available as FREE digital downloads through February 4th 2021.

These badges cover basic civics, from the Daisy level all the way up to Ambassadors. You can get them at the Girl Scout Shop. (You do not have to be a Girl Scout to download them, but they will ask you to create a shop account to download the materials. It's free and you can opt out any time. Just note: it's a one-time download, so once you have downloaded the PDF from your "My Downloads" area, it won't be available for download again. Be sure to save it in a spot you'll remember!)

I did the Democracy for Juniors badge with one of my troops this past fall as a way to speak factually and passionately about basic civics without expressing my own politics (I operate under the assumption that my girls' families lean more conservatively than I do, so I stick to the facts, not my opinions) ... we paired it with Inside Government (citizenship) to reflect on how the government structure (civics) helps us become active citizens as we grow up.

For the record, I downloaded all of the pamphlets, from Daisy to Ambassador, because they're free. I uploaded them to my troop's Google Drive so I will always know where to find them as my girls grow up. (If my Girl Scouts want to earn their Junior Aide Awards, for example, I now have a full slate of great resources for them to use to help Daisies and Brownies earn some cool badges.)