Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default 2nd round stimulus

Did anyone not get their $600 stimulus yet? I was thinking it might be because we made more in 2019, but I checked and it looks like couples making between 150 and 175 should still get something- that is our range I believe, not sure exactly what our agi was. We got the first stimulus payments last spring- direct deposit. Paid taxes with the same account in 2020. Just wondering if we are out of luck, or should I look into it.

Not specific to receiving this second check, but I've been reading about preparing 2020 tax returns. There is a method to get credit for any stimulus that should have been received but was not when doing the 2020 return.

I've been looking and reading because my DS incorrectly received the first check and we've put it in a separate account until we figure out how to return it if it needs to be. I'm assuming he fell through some loophole they didn't check for since not that many 13 year olds file taxes as he did in 2018.

We haven't received ours yet, but the website says it was mailed on Jan 6th. People in our area just started receiving them in the mail this week so I'm guessing ours will arrive within the next few days. We also received the first stimulus payment via direct deposit last spring, so not sure why it's being mailed this time. Have you checked the IRS website tool? It should tell you the status of your second stimulus payment.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Ah thank you! I just checked, ours also says mailed Jan 6. Mail has been slow here, but will keep an eye out. Yes, weird they are mailing this time around but grateful for it just the same.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nope, didn't get mine, I make under 55K, single parent to 2 kids, filed my taxes. I got the first stimulus back in April via direct deposit. It's literally how my life is going right now though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We fall in same range as you. For 2019 I was PT until November that year, so I wasn’t sure what would happen for 2nd round. We got the full amount to my surprise. I just feel so guilty cuz we don’t even need this as we’re still working full time & even got our bonuses last year too!

I’ll use that money to support local businesses and donate locally with specific needs. It’s also direct deposit last week. Not mailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Shockingly, we got our 2nd one 1st week in Jan direct deposit. Of course, we're still waiting for the 1st payment which is double and would REALLY REALLY help right now as we're on the rob Peter to pay Paul merry go round.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We got ours via direct deposit early in the month.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    We got ours via direct deposit early in the month.
    Me too.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default 2nd round stimulus

I got mine and it was double what I thought I was getting; either the calculators are off a bit or I was figuring my straight gross income was too high. Kind of bummed out I got the debit card so I am probably going to lose a portion of it transferring it to my bank account because I was planning on using it to pay my income taxes (which is what I used the bulk of the first one to do).

Sadly I didn’t have the direct deposit option as I have had to pay for the last 7 or 8 years.

If you got the debit card it comes in an envelope that almost looks like an advertisement for one of those life insurance or mortgage insurance promo things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-22-2021 at 01:55 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast