Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Sadly I didn’t have the direct deposit option as I have had to pay for the last 7 or 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even though we have owed for years, we were able to sign up for direct deposit with the first round. There was a website where you could send your bank info (it was through the IRS and you had to verify all kinds of info first). Our second payment was deposited to the same account the first week of January.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

I got mine and it was double what I thought I was getting; either the calculators are off a bit or I was figuring my straight gross income was too high. Kind of bummed out I got the debit card so I am probably going to lose a portion of it transferring it to my bank account because I was planning on using it to pay my income taxes (which is what I used the bulk of the first one to do).

Sadly I didn’t have the direct deposit option as I have had to pay for the last 7 or 8 years.

If you got the debit card it comes in an envelope that almost looks like an advertisement for one of those life insurance or mortgage insurance promo things.

Is it possible to use the debit card for other expenses you would have had anyway without a fee, then divert money earmarked for those expenses to taxes? Like groceries and gas? Or I've even been able to use prepaid cards to pay my auto and homeowners insurance before.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Is it possible to use the debit card for other expenses you would have had anyway without a fee, then divert money earmarked for those expenses to taxes? Like groceries and gas? Or I've even been able to use prepaid cards to pay my auto and homeowners insurance before.
    This is what a friend of mine did with her debit card. She’s used it for gas, groceries and Target runs. She hasn’t needed to pay for those things for months since she’s had the debit card. Not as nice as getting a check but beats losing some to service charges.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you got the debit card it comes in an envelope that almost looks like an advertisement for one of those life insurance or mortgage insurance promo things.
    I didn't think we would qualify either but I randomly checked the IRS website and it said mailed on January 6. We still haven't received anything and now I am wondering if it is/was the debit card. Was there an address window or was the name printed on the envelope?

My understanding is that if you receive a debit card, you can transfer it into a bank account, fee-free. Here's an article about it: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/cnn-u...oid/index.html
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    My understanding is that if you receive a debit card, you can transfer it into a bank account, fee-free. Here's an article about it: https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/cnn-u...oid/index.html
    A friend of mine got a debit card the first time (although he couldn’t figure out why, since he had received his previous tax refund via direct deposit). He was eventually able to transfer the money from the card to his bank account but it was more complicated and frustrating than expected. This time, he was pleasantly surprised to see the $$ directly deposited in his back account.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We haven't received the first or the second one. We know a couple other people in the same boat.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Well, ours came! We got a check in the mail. It was for a random amount- 1900 and something, we have 3 kids but the oldest is 18. Not sure what went in to the calculations, but still happy to get something- we'll try and find something good to do with it that supports our local economy.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We did not qualify for either round based on 2019 income. But we would qualify for partial check based on 2020 income since you know our income was greatly reduced bc of Covid. I know there are many in the same boat so I wish they could calculate the next round based on your income during Covid vs 2019.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm pretty sure you will be able to her the stimulus as part of your 2020 taxes when you file. The test is really on your 2020 income but it was given out early based on 2019. Not ideal but better than not getting it at all

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Kris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2