Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Aren’t you in the LA area? I’m kind of surprised this is allowed…

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

By the time you got to the limo part I was laughing because otherwise I’d cry. I don’t even know what to say to people at this point. It’s like a meet a person that looks normal, then they start telling me lizard people actually run the government or something. I am just so demoralized. I am so sorry for you. I don’t know how someone puts a family back together after this stuff. Can’t then just have someone sleep with someone else’s spouse or the like that normal family drama springs from?

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    This is what I was thinking. I'm so sorry. I recently went through similar and posted about it on the board. I was scared to death about attending the wake, church service. There were restrictions in the funeral home and church. We all double masked and tried to be as careful as possible. I wanted to skip the wake & church completely and just do the outside burial -- but felt the pull of obligation due to it being a very close family member. We all managed to get through it unscathed.

It's infuriating that your mom's family doesn't seem fazed by COVID. I would focus on what you feel most comfortable with for your immediate family --- and try to talk some sense into your mom!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    Can’t then just have someone sleep with someone else’s spouse or the like that normal family drama springs from?
    Lol. Remember the good old days when this kind of drama was the ultimate in shocking family news?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    So sorry you’re going through this! I thought exactly the same and how isn’t LA under lockdown?

Surprised the chapel and funeral home is allowed for indoors with the high numbers of attendees. You do what you must do, attend graveside and go home afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm sorry. I can't believe after this they don't take covid seriously!

I'm guessing that the funeral home will not allow this if it is in LA. I had a friend who recently had a funeral for her husband (not covid related) and there were very strict limits at the funeral home. There was no limit for the graveside burial, but the funeral home was very strict.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm speechless. And so VERY VERY angry for you. TBH, I do not think I could ever speak to the lot of them again. I've been praying for your family and will continue to do so.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Like everyone else, I’m so so sorry to hear this, and angry that you now need to figure how how to deal with all this on top of normal grieving. Maybe a call to the funeral home could reassure that they won’t allow the most over the top stuff and will allow live streaming.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh I'm so angry on your behalf. I agree with the others to check local ordinances/contact the funeral home to find out their regulations.

IIRC, your mom lives with you, correct? It sounds like you and DH should brainstorm your family precautions and what boundaries you need to set to keep her from bringing the virus back to your family if she participates in more of the service than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I am so, so sorry. This is so wrong. You shouldn't have to deal with this.
    This--so much this.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast