Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ugh, this school year.

I just got an email that DS2's second grade teacher is changing TOMORROW, Friday, as approved by the school board. His teacher is becoming the reading intervention teacher and his new teacher will be a brand new teacher who just finished student teaching in the building last semester.
    UGH. I am so annoyed. I love/loved DS2's teacher. And I don't blame her for taking the newly opened position. And I get that it's a specialized position,etc. But seriously?! They couldn't fill it with subs for the remainder of the year? (Hell, make the student teacher a longterm sub for the position) and leave the regular classroom teacher for one more freaking semester? So now we've moved these kids to a brand new school during a pandemic, they didn't even have a playground until late October because it wasn't finished being built yet, my 4th grader's teacher and class had to move classrooms in November because their hallway hadn't been finished yet when school started, so it's been chaotic anyway. Not to mention they started with hybrid schedule before going fully in person. I am really grateful that they are in person but UGH.

DS2 is already emotional tonight so I'll let him find out from them tomorrow. (I mean the email just came through at 9pm tonight.)
    Last edited by AngB; 01-22-2021 at 12:17 AM.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019