mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Easy clean lunchboxes?

Those of you with kids in-person schooling this year, what are you using for lunchboxes? My kids usually use insulated bags from Costco and I spray them down with Force of Nature every few days but I'd like something easier to keep clean. I know Covid isn't transmitted much through surfaces but would still prefer something easier to wipe down thoroughly.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We use the Garnet Hill Lunchboxes and I throw them in the washing machine on hot every evening with the masks (and any random dish towels). Set them on the counter and they are dry the next morning to repack... We have used them for years. I have never put them in the dryer, but they come out of the washing machine perfect!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We've loved the ll bean lunchboxes for their durability. I also throw them in the wash often and they come out terrific. We've had them for way too long and my kids are probably sick of them but they just last so long!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    We've loved the ll bean lunchboxes for their durability. I also throw them in the wash often and they come out terrific. We've had them for way too long and my kids are probably sick of them but they just last so long!
    This is what we have. I just wash them in the sink in soapy water (leave them to dry overnight) and most of the time and they seem to come pretty clean.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have had a variety of brands from PB to Igloo to generic ones we got from our local minor league hockey team. The hard sided PB ones were the easiest to clean on the inside, but there wasn’t a lot of flexibility in them. I can’t say we truly have a favorite, but both girls were happy with the LLBean ones they had last year and they are still in great shape. Dd1 has the one that is shaped like a backpack and Dd2’s is the flip top lid one. We were slightly disappointed with the Pack It tote I had a few years ago (and the quality wasn’t all that great), but the traditional Pack It Dh used held up just fine. We never jumped on the Planet Box bandwagon so I cannot comment on those. We use Sistema sandwich boxes, Ez Lunch Boxes, and or Ziploc divided lunch boxes. The PBK Bento was great for preschool and kindergarten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sorta OT but I am so thankful 100% remote schooling for the past year has eliminated the lunchbox clutter (x5 of us!) and I am so thankful.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

giggling with the above... I had to dust the lunchboxes and their containers last week!