DS1 is going through some major issues right now that I don't want to get into. He has got some major anxiety symptoms and he is working with both a therapist and a psychiatrist. The therapy we paid OOP but the psychiatrist is through our medical insurance and is sort of difficult to get in touch with. We have an appointment in a couple of weeks but I thought I'd ask a few questions to see if I could get some real life experience?

It is evident that a huge piece of this will be continued therapy. That said, I don't see a huge improvement that I thought I might see with meds. I'm wondering if it is possible that the meds just aren't a good fit? He's been on Prozac since late November. He has already had a meds increase. He's still just got so much nervous energy that he can literally never relax. How do you know if the meds need more time? Or if they aren't working? Or if meds won't work at all for him? How long did you give different meds a try for? How soon could you "tell"? For those who have found success on meds, was the road a little rocky? Did you have some success with some meds and no success with others?

Would love to hear any and all input!