Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Life after Vaccine

I received dose #2 of the Moderna vaccine on Saturday. While dealing with the after effects yesterday, I started thinking about after 14+ days, what have I really missed doing and would be comfortable doing? Silly as it sounds, but I would love to go to a smaller market, wearing a mask and pick out my own produce. I'm thankful for Instacart, but choosing produce just isn't the same. Two of my closest friends will be fully vaccinated and I look forward to seeing them. A few of my siblings will be vaccinated, but live with their children and grandchildren, so I'm not comfortable visiting them, but maybe invite just the vaccinated siblings to visit? What have you missed and what would feel comfortable doing?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My friend shared on Facebook that she was keeping a list of who was vaccinated so she’d know who to hug (she was vaccinated too).
    I look forward to eating in a restaurant and having friends over inside. We just moved in before everything shut down so we never really got to show it off!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I most look forward to average things being simpler. It feels like everything is harder - the constant weighing safety levels of activities I wouldn't question before. For example, the dentist, the doctor, giving a wide berth to other path-users. I look forward to telling my kids yes when they ask for a playdate or sleepover. I can't wait to eat in a restaurant where someone else prepares my food and cleans up afterward. And travel - I miss having a fun trip to plan and look forward to. It will also be great to see my parents, other than outside from a distance. I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable with all of these but I'm really excited for the day to come.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Almost everything that I look forward to will happen with my kids so I'm not sure when life will feel "normal" again. I most want to be able to go to museums, libraries and even the PARK again with my kids. That would be SO nice. And to see grandparents and cousins again. We used to see them several times a month and now they haven't really hung out for the past ten months.

I've been out and about a little more than many on the board, but there are things I'm still looking forward to:

1. Seeing my parents!
    2. Eating inside restaurants regularly.
    3. Meeting friends inside without masks.
    4. Beach trip.

DH and I BOTH being able to see DS play ball. This varies by venue, by the Y league is allowing only one spectator at basketball games (no spectators at practice), so DH and I are alternating. Saturday was my turn and every three minutes DH was blowing my phone up wanting to know the score and how DS was playing. When AAU season restarts, we both should be able to attend.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am 2+ weeks out from my second dose.

I did some really special things to mark the occasion. I had a mammogram and I scheduled a cleaning at the dentist! Next up is a haircut (it will have been a year).

I stopped wearing N95 and eye protection for shopping, and went back to a standard surgical mask for errands.

I'm waiting on my mom to get her vaccine in order for my kids to get together with them (my dad got his second dose today). She's been very impatient, but nothing we can do to speed it up and if it's a matter of weeks or a month or two I don't want to risk it so close to the end.

My grandmother is getting her second dose tomorrow, and once she's home again I'll visit her weekly.

It's been nice that I no longer feel like I have COVID every time I sneeze or clear my throat.

Bisous - I don't understand why you need the vaccine to go to the park?

ETA I found this a good article about what you should and shouldn't do post-vaccine https://emilyoster.substack.com/p/va...a-refresher-on
    Last edited by basil; 01-25-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

Bisous - I don't understand why you need the vaccine to go to the park?
    I'm just hoping they'll open back up. They're officially closed. They were open from October 1st to December 7th. Otherwise they've been closed since March!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'm just hoping they'll open back up. They're officially closed. They were open from October 1st to December 7th. Otherwise they've been closed since March!
    I'm sorry. That's ridiculous and sad. People don't get COVID from the park
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've been trying to figure out what life will look like and how cautious we will need to be once DH and I (plus all 4 grandparents) are vaccinated, but the kids are not. Our older 2 have nothing that would stand out as making them higher risk. Our youngest has an asthma diagnosis, but only takes meds as needed (usually a couple times a year and it has been almost a year since the last time) so not sure what that means for her risk level. Our area's numbers have been declining again thank heavens...we are at about 4-5% positivity rate I think.

I'm thinking we will be able to see our parents, which will be so nice and will feel much more comfortable running errands and at work. I would love for it to open up more possibilities for our kids, but not sure about that piece?

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What is amazing to me is how many people around the country have been able to get the vaccine. Our state is lagging so far behind. My elderly parents have been told the beginning of MARCH! I think DH and I are looking at July/August at the earlies...

However, most of my parents friends out of state have already been vaccinated and even some of my friends (who are not front line workers, teachers, ect.) have been vaccinated.

We need a national plan SOON!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast