Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Question for those with online learners (elementary)

Does your child’s teacher give feedback on work submitted on whatever electronic platform your school uses? (Our elementary students use seesaw). If so, what kind of feedback and how often? How much feedback is reasonable to expect? I’m mostly concerned with written work and work that requires some sort of thinking and creativity.

My first grader hasn’t received any feedback from his literacy teacher in a couple of months. (Last comment was October 12.). He has submitted several handwritten assignments (pic uploaded onto seesaw), and he has worked really hard on some of them. I’m disappointed we didn’t get any comments, not even a heart icon to indicate she read it and liked it. DS’s math teacher does comment about 50% of the time on assignments. And DS just started participating in music class this week, and the music teacher has commented on all three of his submissions. Today DS submitted something very creative and cool (he had to make a family tree and he used LEGO minigifs to make everyone in the family), and I just know we won’t get any response. It’s very disappointing and frustrating. I just want to know what is reasonable to expect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 01-22-2021 at 06:28 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)