Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought some KN95 masks on Amazon and was very satisfied. They fit well too. I am a PT who does home vists. I am only part-time but I have been working almost the entire time since Covid started with the exception of a few weeks when we got really slow.

Thankfully a lot of my patients have chosen to wear masks too so often I wear just a surgical mask. But I keep my N95s just in case in a special tupperware container in my trunk, and although they are much easier to find now I still reuse them for a bit since I have to buy my own. I also leave them on my dashboard in the sun, though I know there is no concrete evidence that that works.

Best of luck as you return to patient care! Something to just give you the heads-up, patients have varying Comfort levels when it comes to covid. Most of mine have been surprisingly relaxed but I have had a few that have asked me to remove my shoes, spray them with Lysol, wear shoe covers, etc, which I completely understand. Heck I don't even like to wear shoes in my own house because I'm a bit of a germaphobe lol. One of my fellow PT co-workers literally had a patient tell her to close her eyes and then proceeded to spray her down with Lysol...like an object!

Definitely an interesting time to be doing home visits, best of luck to you and stay safe out there!

JElaineB is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have been watching Aaron Collins on YouTube and based on his recommendations have bought KF94 masks. I did get some Moldex N95s around Thanksgiving but I'm not sure if they are still available where I got them from.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post
    I have been watching Aaron Collins on YouTube and based on his recommendations have bought KF94 masks. I did get some Moldex N95s around Thanksgiving but I'm not sure if they are still available where I got them from.
    I just found him. I really like him. I'm hoping these masks pan out because I think they are really cute. https://masklab.us/collections/kf-se...irator-10-pack

OP, I also wanted to add that I tried the clear see through masks and they fogged up terribly. So they were pretty much useless. If you find one you have success with, please let me know!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Does anyone know of any N95 or KN95 masks that are good for smaller adult faces? None seem to fit me well enough and my daughter (turning 18) even less so. I really want to be able to double mask, but its hard to find what will work for us.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Does anyone know of any N95 or KN95 masks that are good for smaller adult faces? None seem to fit me well enough and my daughter (turning 18) even less so. I really want to be able to double mask, but its hard to find what will work for us.
    We bought these based on the recommendation of the Youtuber above (started watching his videos a few weeks back). https://behealthyusa.net/collections...36887270326436

They fit my 6 and 9 year old (larger than average faces for their age), and me and my mom with small adult faces. They would look laughable on my husband though.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

JElaineB is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    We bought these based on the recommendation of the Youtuber above (started watching his videos a few weeks back). https://behealthyusa.net/collections...36887270326436

They fit my 6 and 9 year old (larger than average faces for their age), and me and my mom with small adult faces. They would look laughable on my husband though.
    I like the Bluna FaceFit KF-94 too. Both my mother and I wear the regular ("large") size and I got the kids' size for my tween nieces. The behealthyusa.net website has a 10 pack mix and match that you can try a few sizes and/or brands. They usually have a promo code as well and shipping was fast when I ordered a couple times before Christmas.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

BBBers really are the best! Thank you so much for the info here! I just ordered the mix and match pack of small and large Bluna mask and a pack of masks from bonafide. I am sure something out of these will work well for our family and I can gift the ones that don't!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you for sharing about Aaron Collins! I watched his video last night and looked at his spreadsheet and ended up ordering a mix and match pack. We've got a swim meet coming up in a month that I will feel much better wearing these, despite their rules which I think are actually pretty good. The more protection the better!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast