WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Collecting $$ for teacher gift cards - what's easiest with the least "cut" taken out?

I see there's an option on SignUp Genius for WePay, but I've never heard of or used it. When collecting for a couple classes before, we've used venmo/paypal/cash app. Are they still the easiest and does the organizer just put their collection information in the event description?

Would love any tips for pandemic times Teacher Appreciation lunches/events when we're fully remote and will continue to be!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

SUG takes too much of a cut. I think the Venmo type options are still the best for keeping most of the $. But, we use PayPal for our school parent organization. Even with their fees we still clear a good amount of money.
    Do any of your teachers ever go into the buildings? Is the administration working at the school? If so, treat bags for teachers/staff to get when they happen to go into the building. Food delivery, flowers...for those that are currently in the building. Probably can’t do the usual food spreads but you can take boxed lunch orders or find some option that feels more Covid safe to you.
    I’m waiting to get the all clear from the committee chair at our school so we can finally do some staff appreciation this year. We had a holiday gift collection and I sent everyone e-cards but I’m ready to do more. Just stuck with no green light yet (people shouldn’t volunteer to chair a committee then never do anything nor reply to any emails...wish it were easier to fire a volunteer )

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I just dealt with that for Xmas class gifts to the teachers. It’s hybrid so teachers still go in buildings physical and admin go in daily. Vemno and PayPal were our choices without any problems or issues.

The class parents in both of my kids classroom send out class wide email indicating Xmas collection. Included was their vemno/PayPal details and donate whenever you can offer. Then the parent bought & got gifts and hand delivered to the front desk to be distributed to teachers from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Before Venmo was big I used to take either checks or a Amazon gift card to my email since it was as good as cash to me, lol.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are 100% virtual here, so funds were collected using Venmo and then gift cards were emailed to teachers.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ok, thanks all! Sounds like I'm on the right track. We're 100% virtual and I believe all meetings are virtual. I know the orchestra teacher goes in one day a week to deal with any instrument issues kids might have and need help with. A lot of our teachers live in more rural areas, so I gathered some grocery store ideas, some local fine dining restaurants with multiple options, and some quick/easy food options. Hoping it goes well for parents to send me money, then email most gift cards and physically mail those who don't want email ones.