Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 99 walks?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default 99 walks?

Anyone do this app/program? Someone online recommended it and it actually sounds like something that might work for me. With COVID I am struggling. Not willing to rejoin the gym and I'm so frustrated with my up and down weight due to thyroid issues. Walking at the gym was SO great for me (life changing really) but as it is I have become really sedentary and I really want to change it. I'm curious if anyone has feedback. I'm going to try the 2 week free trial.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t have input on that app but for me having someone to workout with made all the difference. I’ve moved to working out solo since Covid and it’s a lot harder for me to get going. Having an accountability partner with similar goals might help.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Never heard of this app, but would love any feedback you have after your trial. I am feeling sluggish and unmotivated these days too-

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think that jgenie's suggestion of finding a workout partner to keep both of you accountable is a good one.

When I did charity walk weekends, I would volunteer to lead training walks during the lead-up period to ensure I was walking regularly. It helped me meet new people (I am very introverted IRL) and we kept each other accountable while training.

To make something like this work over distance, maybe make a standing calendar appointment with a friend and call each other at the start of your walk time?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I get the workout buddy thing. I have really enjoyed that in the past. Right now I think logistics would make it prohibitive since I don’t have any friends in my neighborhood (that right there is sad).
    I actually feel like I benefit more from working out alone. I’m not sure why, partially because I *rarely*/ever have alone time. I also find my best anxiety-fighting exercise is when I really zone out and get it that zen place, ykwim? Talking to a friend doesn’t give me the daily anxiety “drug” I need. I am hoping this will give me accountability through the Facebook group/app but I will still be able to set my own goals.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I get the workout buddy thing. I have really enjoyed that in the past. Right now I think logistics would make it prohibitive since I don’t have any friends in my neighborhood (that right there is sad).
    I actually feel like I benefit more from working out alone. I’m not sure why, partially because I *rarely*/ever have alone time. I also find my best anxiety-fighting exercise is when I really zone out and get it that zen place, ykwim? Talking to a friend doesn’t give me the daily anxiety “drug” I need. I am hoping this will give me accountability through the Facebook group/app but I will still be able to set my own goals.
    I hear you. I don't really like exercising with someone else. I like to listen to my music or podcasts and just be on my own. But, friends do help with the accountability. If the app will fill that then why hesitate in getting it?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I hear you. I don't really like exercising with someone else. I like to listen to my music or podcasts and just be on my own. But, friends do help with the accountability. If the app will fill that then why hesitate in getting it?
    I did go ahead and sign up and did my first walk so I will let ya’ll know how it ends up working for me!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I joined a fb group of a friend that calls for walking 365 miles this year. Even though I have been walking way more, the accountability is helping on days when I am not motivated. Maybe start a challenge for your friends? Or your blog?

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Let us know how it goes! I’m like you, working out is not a social activity for me. I need myself and a TV

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you have a Fitbit you can just do challenges with your Fitbit friends from afar or just compete with yourself to get to your goals. I’m walking around my house to get my 250 steps an hour and do better overall on days with multiple work calls since I will walk around my standing desk!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast