Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
I highly recommend that your Dh hide his cereal somewhere where ds doesn’t see it. My Dh keeps his snacks in his car otherwise our kids eat them (and unfortunately so do i).

This isn’t an fast recipe but it’s easy and can be made with whatever you have available. We make it on a Sunday and it can keep refrigerated for a week making it a very convenient breakfast choice. It’s good cold or reheated. Also, I find that when my kids have helped make something they are more likely to eat it themselves. Have your son start helping make it. Let him play around with the ingredients. Each of my kids have invented a new flavor. We have made it dozens of times and different ways- put favorites have been chocolate coconut, apple pie rum raisin with Craisins, tropical pineapple mango. Frequently my kids eat it for dessert. Delish!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.epi...st-article/amp

It’s basically this:
-1 part dry ingredients- rolled oats, granola, nuts, chocolate chips, seeds, coconut flakes, spices, etc
-1 part fruit- any kind of fruit, fresh fruit, canned fruit, pie filling, chopped, frozen berries, etc.
-1 part wet ingredients- any kind of milk, water, yogurt, juice, applesauce, keifer, etc.
-1/4 part sweetener- maple syrup, honey, white or brown sugar, etc.
-One or 2 eggs

Ive discovered that for a 9x13” pan 1part equals 4 cups (in other words 4cups wet ingredients, 4cups dry ingredients, 1cup sweetener, etc). It will fill up the pan to almost the top but it won’t overflow. For a 8x8” pan 1part equals 2 cups.
Thanks for sharing! Do you think I could use ricotta cheese or cottage cheese as my wet ingredient?