Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

We struggle with this as well with DS who is a picky eater esp in the morning and not attuned to hunger signals until it's past the point of no return. Will he eat yogurt? Chobani has a relatively new 'reduced sugar' line now that I get at costco and has a lot less sugar than most flavored yogurts. For DS we've had success with protein shakes. We get the Atkins premade ones as those are the ones he and i have found most palatable. If I feel like he's not eaten enough in the morning I'll just send him to school with one of those.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

I have a cereal addict in my house too. I have found a happy medium as there are some sweet tasting cereals that at least have a decent amount of fiber or protein. Kashi Go Lean Crunch has a decent amount of protein and fiber and there are some different flavors too. While Frosted Mini Wheats are sweet, they do have 6g of fiber. My kids love the Strawberry and Blueberry flavors. Fiber One has a few cereals that are sweeter, there's a Strawberry One and a Honey Nut Cluster one that I think have 9g of fiber. Fiber One bars used to be very popular with my kids but they have gotten sick of them. Sweet but a good amount of fiber. They also love the Belvita breakfast biscuits with Protein. They are getting harder to find but the "protein" ones have 10g of protein. The Choc Chip ones are a hit in our house.

I also make homemade banana muffins a lot, I double the banana, reduce sugar just a bit, and use the Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat White flour. You can make protein muffins with the Kodiak mixes too.

My daughter recently started making yogurt fruit granola parfaits too.

While none of these are perfect, they are at least offering some nutrition. My kids are also huge bagel eaters in the morning but only when we get them from a bagel place. We buy a dozen presliced and keep them in the freezer I'm def a bagel snob for sure!

Once in a while I allow them 2% milk, made with Ovaltine. Very old school and not the healthiest but the Ovaltine has a small amt of vitamins and minerals and the milk has calcium and protein. I'll take what I can get some days.

Good luck, I totally understand the struggle!!
    Last edited by jerseygirl07067; 01-26-2021 at 07:24 AM.

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My girls love these. You can get some of the flavors at Target.

https://www.thehealthfoodstore.com/collections/vitatops

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5