Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I completely agree that parent conferences should be on zoom for now on. I loved not having to drive in. Back when the siblings were little, we had to plan for child care in order to attend. Zoom conferences would make this all so much easier.

OP- even my aged ILs who are not technically savvy figured out a zoom call. You have reason to complain!!!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I’m hoping the back to school nights for example and parents conference will have the zoom/live stream options post covid.

Would make life so much easier for many working parents and rural families too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I completely agree that parent conferences should be on zoom for now on. I loved not having to drive in. Back when the siblings were little, we had to plan for child care in order to attend. Zoom conferences would make this all so much easier.

OP- even my aged ILs who are not technically savvy figured out a zoom call. You have reason to complain!!!
    No more parent conferences for us here, but zoom conferences would have been so convenient. We've had to bring the kids with us and have them sit in the hallway w/electronics when they were younger. DH has also called into conferences when he couldn't get back from work.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You'll all enjoy this as well. Our parent teacher conferences were also all in person. Bright right?? A neighboring school district, which is much smaller (ours is 1400 students total, theirs is 600) was able to figure out how to do conferences on Zoom. We're being led by a bunch of "we need to be in person for everything" idiots. And this is why my kids did not go to school this year.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    You'll all enjoy this as well. Our parent teacher conferences were also all in person. Bright right?? A neighboring school district, which is much smaller (ours is 1400 students total, theirs is 600) was able to figure out how to do conferences on Zoom. We're being led by a bunch of "we need to be in person for everything" idiots. And this is why my kids did not go to school this year.
    That’s crazy. It just boggles my mind that they’ve created a separate online school program but they want people to come in person for meetings that could be so easily done online. I’m sorry you have to deal with that.

We are surrounded by crazy too. Dh and I predicted our school administration wouldn’t get this right. It’s part of the reason why we chose virtual too this year. It’s hard on the kids but they are getting by. Bonus is that we are insulated from the crazies. Peace of mind is good.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    That is crazy! Zoom conferences were so easy. I'd be open to zoom back to school nights, but hopefully things will be safe enough to have in person as well. I felt back to school night was poorly attended. In part because we had a meet the teacher event the day before school started, and also since I'm teaching a lower grade level, most students have a parent nearby, so I think they felt it wasn't necessary to attend BTS night. I really like getting to meet the parents in person at the start of the year.

As a side note I can't believe the entire district has 600 students. My elem school alone has 750 students!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2