Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Shouldn't we be able to figure out a virtual meeting by now?

DS is doing virtual school this year through Connections Academy. He will be going back to his school next year. Tomorrow they are having a meeting at the school for all incoming 7th graders to go over class options, honors classes, etc. It's in person. There is no virtual option which just blows my mind. Someone asked on FB about a virtual option and they said they didn't know how to make it work. We are almost a year into this pandemic, you are streaming all sporting events live, and you can't figure out how to stream a 30 minute meeting?? Seriously?? I just do't get it. And I"m not going to a meeting with 100+ parents who will be wearing their masks on their chins. The school's just gonna have to deal with me emailing them questions and asking for all information presented.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Wow, that's crazy!
    Kris

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is just crazy!! No way would I be going to that meeting!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I hear you, and I've seen similar things here. It's astounding. No, school district - just because I'm currently hoping my child can return to school next year does *not* make me comfortable attending in-person meetings (where you're not going to do a good job enforcing mask wearing) right now, when cases are raging!!!! I don't get it.
    Lizi

Can’t fix stupid. Bottom line they know how or at vey minimum how to outsource to get help to live stream from their school. What about their IT department?? It tells you they had a choice and just don’t want to do the harder option which is more work & prep but much safer!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Wow, that's crazy! Has the school not had any largish meetings at all this past year?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

When we’re back in person? I’m hoping DS’ school stays with zoom option rather than everyone schlepping in, and trying to get parking for a parent meeting. I’m also hoping my large work meetings can at least occasionally be on zoom. Way less driving

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is that even allowed? Here we have a max gathering of 10 indoors.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Update - So right after I posted this, they posted a reminder on the FB page. I politely asked if there was still not a virtual option. Many people also chimed in saying that they don't feel there should be a meeting like this being held in the middle of a pandemic. Guess what.....a few hours later one of the teacher posted that they would record it and post slides. I'm sure that was a last ditch effort because I questioned it and people agreed. They still haven't publicized that there is an alternative option for those not wanting to go, but did post the slides for the meeting. It's literally three slides with the class requirements and options to pick. Like they seriously need a meeting to tell us this?? I get that it might be nice to have it in person in normal times, but there is literally no need for an in person meeting right now on this.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    When we’re back in person? I’m hoping DS’ school stays with zoom option rather than everyone schlepping in, and trying to get parking for a parent meeting. I’m also hoping my large work meetings can at least occasionally be on zoom. Way less driving

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    YES!!!! I also would love the option for parent conferences to be on zoom as an option. I had so many parents say it was nice to be able to do the conference on a 15 minute break, vs having to take time off to drive to the school, etc. Plus in many cases, both mom and dad were able to log in and join. I had the best parent attendance at conferences than I ever have in all my years of teaching. This was the first time since my kids started school, that both my husband and I could attend the conference together. It was great!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast