Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Both boys are going to sleep away camp for a month. That is all we have planned. We’ve talked about going to Hawaii for a week but will wait to plan that. We’d love friends to come visit us (we moved to the west coast and miss our friends) but again waiting on that.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

MIL told us as soon as she gets the second shot, she is booking flights to us over the summer. We cancelled last years plans for a road trip to the Grand Canyon. It’s on her bucket list to visit. She and I will be vaccinated. If DH can get vaccinated, I could see doing it and being careful with our interactions with others

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS may go to Scout camp for a week in June if that actually happens. My father turns 90yo this summer and one sister and I have not seen him since before Covid, so we are hoping to bring our families to the East Coast to visit him and our other 2 siblings/families. Neither my brother, nor my DH or BIL will have been vaccinated by then, but Dad and the 3 sisters will be vaccinated, so it will still likely be mask wearing when together, but still excited for it to happen.
    Otherwise, considering renting a small RV for a road trip
    mom to Billy 12/07

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I blocked out our house in Montana for a good portion of the summer. I think the kids (especially the older two) will have their own things happening - DD wants to work before heading off to college wherever that ends up being, DS1 wants to do a hockey day camp locally that he can drive himself back and forth to plus one overnight camp if it happens this year (didn't last year). I'm not too sure about DS2 yet other than a one week soccer thing so he may end up being with me most of the summer. DH will be working, other than taking a week or two off here or there. My plan is to be at our place in Montana as much as I can and the rest of the family can go back and forth as needed. I'm discouraging my kids from doing any online programming this summer, so no summer classes, and hoping they will just spend time in the mountains when they don't have other commitments. Hoping to get a lot of camping and hiking in. We don't have any firm plans with anyone else - hopefully the grandparents are all vaccinated by then and can visit us and we will likely spend time with friends outdoors but not sure we'll be sharing indoor space then or not? We can figure that out as we go. If by some miracle, borders open and it is safe and reasonable to travel, we'd likely make a trip to our house in Portugal but I just don't see that happening until fall or later.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Perhaps a trip to BIL's family wooded camp (privately owned) in August with BIL and SIL. We spend most of our time outdoors...hiking, fishing, swimming, cook our own food, and my family sleeps in a separate cabin than BIL/SIL. I'd feel comfortable with that. DH and I will be fully vaccinated. Possible that BIL and SIL will be too by then.

Other than that, probably no travel. DD2 plays travel soccer which runs May-mid-July. DD1's JV soccer will start up mid-August. Kids and DH (teacher) are in school until last week of June here in NY, so I feel like there's very little "summer" in our summers.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

So far we have local beach getaway plans for a long weekend in July.
    We have accommodation vouchers for August in Italy (makegoods for last summer's cancelled vaca) but no plans to pull the trigger on this as of yet.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No plans, as I do not expect to feel safe traveling yet. I know my parents want to fly out here to visit, but at this point I do not want them doing that, as I do not feel it is safe to fly.

You guys have inspired me. We have gone to the beach with my parents every year for about 10 years (not last summer). My parents are scheduled to receive their second shot in February but have decided to to continue to hunker down.

Last night I reached out to our very good friends who own a small condo on the coast. I was prepared to rent it, but they said they would love to go down, too, and hang out. Which is awesome -- and free for us. lol I have a couple of comorbidities, so I should be vaccinated by then.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am PRAYING the Canadian border is open and I can visit my 85 year old father, we missed our annual trip last year, we can only drive in the summer. I can't afford any other travel, but our trip to see him and visit family and friends and swim in the lake and stay at cottages is about the only thing keeping me going. I miss home so much and covid has created a financial nightmare for me, each time I talk to dad on the phone he jokes, I'm still here, hope I get to see the kids and you again .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2