SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Honing in on my binge watch (very mild annoyance)

Yesterday I decided to start Ozark. I had always been interested but before I started I asked if he wanted to watch it. He'd never heard of it and didn't care. So I started watching it. Binged through 3 episodes. Dh was in the room for some of one. After I finished episode 3, he said that show looked good and he'd like to watch too. Now I have to wait for him to catch up and he's not a crazy binge watcher. Like instead of 1-2 weeks, it'll be like 6 months before we finish. I'm not that patient. It's hard to synch binge schedules!

NOPE. DH tried to do that when I binge watched Hart of Dixie. Luckily it was easy enough for him to miss episodes and pick back up what he'd missed by me filling him in but I don't think we could binge a show together very well if we tried. Good luck! I'd have to watch ahead and then start over at his pace or rewatch episodes.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

One of my learnings from the pandemic is that I'm much happier watching things on my own schedule. Watching things with DH is...nice. Watching things I *really* want to watch, on my own schedule? Even nicer .

Binge watching is best as an individual event. Occasionally DH and I will watch something together. But I think we both prefer to do it alone at our own pace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Honing in on my binge watch (very mild annoyance)

That is annoying! DH usually binges his shows when I’m busy so we can watch other shows together. He doesn’t like some of my shows, but I have difficulty finding time to watch them

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 02-01-2021 at 11:05 PM.

He watched episode 1. 2 more to go. I guess we’ll just watch this one slow and I’ll find something else to binge. I’m finally getting into The Morning Show so that’ll keep me entertained for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH wants me to start WandaVision and I want to, but we only have Disney+ on one TV, so it's hard to block out the time, but it'll be easier to catch up once I do because of the way they release episodes!

This discussion reminds me that I didn't watch the final part of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch over the holiday break.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When my kids were little, DH and I would find a lot of joy in binge watching together. Now that we have teens, I feel like SOMEONE is always up and DH and I have a lot less time together. DH still really likes watching shows and I've gotten strangely picky in my old age and almost never watch. I miss those days! I think I'd be more like your DH in this case. I'd definitely tell DH just to go ahead without me!

He watched episode 2. One more to go and we will have a new show to watch together. We are almost out of the show we had been watching for the past year so that's a win.
    I forgot about how fast he binged through Umbrella Academy and the Queen's Gambit. Maybe we can get on the same page with a binge schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    He watched episode 2. One more to go and we will have a new show to watch together. We are almost out of the show we had been watching for the past year so that's a win.
    I forgot about how fast he binged through Umbrella Academy and the Queen's Gambit. Maybe we can get on the same page with a binge schedule.
    I’ve had to laugh at your post! Such an annoying dilemma. When the kids were young aka toddlers it was easy for DH and I to binge many shows together. Nowadays it’s just hard. If it’s a short season like Lupin on Netflix we recently finished.

We usually watch tv shows together, and it’s not many we like together. Blue bloods is one of the very few plus HDTV house hunting international shows. Long binge series shows never work for us due to interest, time and pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14