Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Silly Fashion Conundrum

I have struggled to have adequate outdoor/rainy gear for years now. Granted where I'm at it doesn't rain MUCH. In the past year I bought two pieces that work really well. A jacket from Costco:

https://www.costco.com/be-boundless-...100649297.html

And boots from the Merrell outlet:

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/trembl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

So they're both great pieces. But on our first rainy day (when I'd actually be outside) I realized that I have "Stone" boots and a black jacket!

How bad is this? I love the pieces individually but it felt like they didn't really "go" together.

For reference I really RARELY need a very warm jacket or waterproof shoes. I don't have any other shoes that work in rain and I don't have any other jackets with a hood.

I'm wondering if (for $29) I should just buy the green version of the same Costco jacket? It seems like it is more similar to the colors of my boots and they're far more expensive and difficult to replace. I could donate the black version. There are lots of organizations looking for warm coats in the winter!

What do you guys think?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

There's no reason your coat and boots need to be the same color. None at all. You're fine as is.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    There's no reason your coat and boots need to be the same color. None at all. You're fine as is.
    Really? Because those colors are my favorite choices of the styles, lol! It isn't even bad that the boots are brown but the trim is gray faux fur? I'm happy to read this!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Really? Because those colors are my favorite choices of the styles, lol! It isn't even bad that the boots are brown but the trim is gray faux fur? I'm happy to read this!
    When the weather is yucky, no one is looking to others to be trend setters. Everyone just grabs what they need for the elements. Some of us live with the 4 seasons and have amassed a lot of options in coats and footwear to mix and match but I doubt that expectation holds there. Plus, sometimes you really just have one wardrobe piece that is perfect for that day's weather.

When the weather is yucky, no one is looking to others to be trend setters. Everyone just grabs what they need for the elements. Some of us live with the 4 seasons and have amassed a lot of options in coats and footwear to mix and match but I doubt that expectation holds there. Plus, sometimes you really just have one wardrobe piece that is perfect for that day's weather.
    That makes sense! I probably shouldn't care! But....just because I'm curious... is the combo awful? And would it be better with the green jacket? I totally see what you're saying but at the same time if I could also be somewhat fashionable in the icky weather for just $29.99 that might be worth it to me? Would love your opinion!

The green jacket would look better. But the black really isn't egregious in any way.

The green jacket would look better. But the black really isn't egregious in any way.
    Thank you!!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think you’re fine with what you have. I also think if the green will make you happier, you’re fine to buy the green especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I think you’re fine with what you have. I also think if the green will make you happier, you’re fine to buy the green especially for the price.
    I think I'm leaning towards this.. It is a silly thing and it is good to know that it would be ok the other way, but part of me likes coordinated looks.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Agree with this! (Also, no offense but - I had to check to see if MIL posted this... she is having a very hard time dealing with winter boots/coats not matching being in New England now. It makes me LOL. )
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast