bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Socks to Wear With these Boots?

I only wear these when I'm cold! They are roomy so they can accommodate a thick sock (on purpose!) but I'm wondering if there are any good recommendations to pair these with jeans?

THANK YOU!

https://www.merrell.com/US/en/trembl...jNvn0SohtkAMsw

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Something no show. Any will do.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They’re meant to be worn with no show socks. I’m always cold so I wear mine with Costco merino socks. Fashion faux pas but I’m comfortable.

Oh snap. Wearing them with no socks kind of defeats the purposes for me. I need them to be warm! I'll check out the Costco socks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Oh snap. Wearing them with no socks kind of defeats the purposes for me. I need them to be warm! I'll check out the Costco socks!
    I wear no show socks all the time, even when it’s 20 degrees out. I’m happy fashion is changing away from that but I’ve made do the past few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Agree with everyone they are meant to be worn with no show socks. It’s not cold where you live, so I’m not sure why you need to wear socks and boots at the same time when it’s really cold (it was -15 without windchill this morning), I don’t wear booties...only real boots that are meant for warmth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Man, I probably screwed up these boots then. They're roomy around my ankles and sorta need socks to fill them out. On top of that, my jeans are long...so I'd have to cuff them to actually show any skin. Boot/sock/pants rules are confusing to me, lol!

It appears that the least of my worries with my winter fashun is a black coat and brown shoes,

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No socks!! I'm in Chicago and only wear socks in the coldest, under 20 weather. Either cut your jeans short or wear wide legs.

The shoes are too big without socks. I totally suck at this. The good news is that I have VERY happy feet when I need them to be warm and dry. The bad news is that although the boots are cute, I do not appear to have the fashion sense to carry out the look. Lol. Another piece of good news is that weather has been incredibly and infuriatingly mild this winter for us. For all of January and February we've had highs in the high 60s and it has rained like twice so I've worn sandals almost every day. We actually really NEED that winter moisture, so it is a bit hard but it has been really pleasant!