Thread: ISO neck cream

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default ISO neck cream

Help! I'm turning 50 in the fall and have noticed over the past year that my neck looks awful (it may have been looking awful before but I hadn't noticed because the lighting in the bathrooms at work is terrible and I was usually only at home in the dark.) Now I'm home all day and I can see the wrinkles and loose skin. I don't have dark spots. I have been using my same face cream on my neck- my face actually looks young and right before the pandemic I was actually carded 3 times in 6 months. But my face routine apparently isn't doing enough for my neck and chest. I tried the Strivectin neck cream when it was on sale at Costco, and after 1 week, I had a horrible itchy rash on my neck so I returned it. I generally have sensitive skin and hate lingering fragrances. I'd prefer not to spend over $75 on it unless it really will be the miracle cream. Any suggestions??

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Help! I'm turning 50 in the fall and have noticed over the past year that my neck looks awful (it may have been looking awful before but I hadn't noticed because the lighting in the bathrooms at work is terrible and I was usually only at home in the dark.) Now I'm home all day and I can see the wrinkles and loose skin. I don't have dark spots. I have been using my same face cream on my neck- my face actually looks young and right before the pandemic I was actually carded 3 times in 6 months. But my face routine apparently isn't doing enough for my neck and chest. I tried the Strivectin neck cream when it was on sale at Costco, and after 1 week, I had a horrible itchy rash on my neck so I returned it. I generally have sensitive skin and hate lingering fragrances. I'd prefer not to spend over $75 on it unless it really will be the miracle cream. Any suggestions??

I can't help with the neck but what are you using for your face?

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have to say, I work with ladies in their 80s and 90s, and the ones with the beautiful skin, they show me their cream, it's either Oil of Olay (the old school one) or Ponds. Another lady used to make a vat of cream made of the pink baby lotion, vitamin E cream and Vaseline, she would mix it in a bowl and put in a container, her skin was amazing and she was 92, said she had been doing that for most of her life. They also said, they stayed out of the sun, wore big hats when gardening and gloves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When I was in nursing school I had a patient with the most amazing skin. She had to have been over 90 and was also black. I asked her what she used and she said she slathered Vaseline on her entire body every day!!!

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I can't help with the neck but what are you using for your face?
    I use It Cosmetics Confidence in a cleanser to wash in the morning, followed by hyaluronic acid serum (I use Tree of Life brand from Amazon) and It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream (and the same brand/type of eye cream). I will probably switch to the Elta MD cream for daytime so I have the sunscreen (otherwise I use powder sunscreen).
    At night I wash with Julep Love Your Bare Face Oil, followed by retinol serum (Tree of Life) and the same It Cosmetics cream and eye cream.

My face skin has never looked better. Since starting the Julep cleansing oil, I don't ever get the under-surface cystic acne I used to get. But my neck... Ugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    I tried the Strivectin neck cream when it was on sale at Costco, and after 1 week, I had a horrible itchy rash on my neck so I returned it.
    The same exact thing happened to me!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    They also said, they stayed out of the sun, wore big hats when gardening and gloves.

Staying out of the sun is the key.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    Staying out of the sun is the key.
    I definitely do that, as I'm a fair skinned redhead!!