Thread: Liquid collagen

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Liquid collagen

Anyone know much about liquid collagen (i.e. modere)? Is it safe, effective?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Following. I recently just started taking this: https://www.costco.com/nature's-lab-...100227743.html

To see if it makes a difference for a variety of age-related annoyances. My joints are sometimes stiff or sore, the palmar surface of my hands and fingers (my poor hands) are losing their fat pads and it's actually becoming painful to do things like open jars, assemble IKEA furniture because when I press on something or grip something, it's almost as if I can feel it bruising my bones. And the skin on my face and neck - ugh. My neck has always looked "old"...I have always had visible neck creases but they are just looking so much worse now.

Anyway...just following.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Following. I recently just started taking this: https://www.costco.com/nature's-lab-...100227743.html

To see if it makes a difference for a variety of age-related annoyances. My joints are sometimes stiff or sore, the palmar surface of my hands and fingers (my poor hands) are losing their fat pads and it's actually becoming painful to do things like open jars, assemble IKEA furniture because when I press on something or grip something, it's almost as if I can feel it bruising my bones. And the skin on my face and neck - ugh. My neck has always looked "old"...I have always had visible neck creases but they are just looking so much worse now.

Anyway...just following.
    . This is the stuff I've seen people recommend: https://www.modere.com/collagensciences
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    . This is the stuff I've seen people recommend: https://www.modere.com/collagensciences
    that link doesn't seem to work for me..not sure if it's the BBB server blocking it though

I don't have much advice, other than to warn that Modere is an MLM so I personally am wary of it for that reason. in my area the ladies that peddle Modere are the same ones who tout the conspiracy theories re: COVID and the like. just gives me a bad snake-oil salesman vibe..lol. You may see lots of great testimonials from it but honestly from my research many /most of those are people who get some sort of kickback from selling it or for recruiting people to sell it. So it's not totally honest and you may find similar or better results (for far less money) with something else. Similar thing goes for Beachbody, ROdan and Fields, Monat ,Arbonne and many other skincare or weightloss products. I have no other experience other than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    that link doesn't seem to work for me..not sure if it's the BBB server blocking it though

I don't have much advice, other than to warn that Modere is an MLM so I personally am wary of it for that reason. in my area the ladies that peddle Modere are the same ones who tout the conspiracy theories re: COVID and the like. just gives me a bad snake-oil salesman vibe..lol. You may see lots of great testimonials from it but honestly from my research many /most of those are people who get some sort of kickback from selling it or for recruiting people to sell it. So it's not totally honest and you may find similar or better results (for far less money) with something else. Similar thing goes for Beachbody, ROdan and Fields, Monat ,Arbonne and many other skincare or weightloss products. I have no other experience other than that though.
    I get the same vibe which is why I came here to ask!

Would love suggestions!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

All I know is all the instagram influencers (and several of my friends who also tout MLM stuff) are showing their "before and after" pictures and I'm just not seeing anything compelling enough to pull the trigger? Is there some kind of recent scientific breakthrough that supports this product?

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really really dislike all MLM companies, I've done a lot of reading about them and there is no way I can believe anything about their products and their are always alternatives that don't support that model and cheaper.

That liquid collagen is the latest making the rounds on my Facebook feed here. The cost is insane, when I started reading about what exactly it is, it the classic mlm product.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk