Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is it possible they are really busy and quoting high because they don’t want job? That happens in my area sometimes. They have plenty of work so they quote a ridiculously high price... if someone still hires them then they’ll bump someone else since they are being overpaid. But they mostly count on pricing high to take themselves out of the running.

We have had energy consultants from electric company out a couple times and it is worth their expertise. They can tell you about any programs or rebates that may be offered in your area.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Is it possible they are really busy and quoting high because they don’t want job? That happens in my area sometimes. They have plenty of work so they quote a ridiculously high price... if someone still hires them then they’ll bump someone else since they are being overpaid. But they mostly count on pricing high to take themselves out of the running.

We have had energy consultants from electric company out a couple times and it is worth their expertise. They can tell you about any programs or rebates that may be offered in your area.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We had the basement sill done and under the kitchen, that was about 300sq ft. That was almost $3000 and that was 4 years ago. For our new addition, we are using spray foam under it (it is above ground) and on the ceiling, and rolls on the walls bc of cost, I am still waiting on quotes.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I know DH has mentioned since the pandemic began that insulation prices are through the roof (sorry for the bad pun), so that might be part of it.

For our 400 sf family room, we had spray foam for the walls during a gut renovation, I only remember it being around $2k, and that was a minimum (they have a minimum to do the insulation, the $2k probably could have done more sf if we had more to do). But this was 4 years ago...
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2