Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Clothes for big and tall but long waisted not yet tween

The Biscuit is now 56 inches tall and 110 pounds at age 9 "and a half" (as he says). He is broad in the shoulders and has a 32+ inch waist.

He is very long waisted (think Michael Phelps, 2/3 torso, 1/3 legs). We have issues with shirt and arm length that we solve by going bigger so things are long enough (currently buying kids XXL or adult S).

The pants, pjs, and unders are the problem. Kids L and even L husky are getting snug in the waist and hip, but kids XL, XL husky, or 12/14 pants are way too long (except for Lands End khakis, but The Biscuit 100% prefers track pants or joggers).

Also, I am having a heck of a time finding age appropriate boxer briefs and pjs for him. He wants superheroes or video characters on them, but I am striking out over size 12 in unders and the size 14 pjs do not fit him in the hips (he has a caboose like DH).

Any suggestions to get us to spring, wise hive?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Look at men’s small boxer briefs at Marshall’s TJ max and any other discount store. Lol they have fun prints not as cheep as the kids packs but maybe you can get a few and so some solid colors
    Last edited by JBaxter; 02-13-2021 at 01:12 AM.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check Target for fun boxers and pjs in men’s sizing.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check 5 below or Target men's section for tshirts. If you have Meijer, they have a huge selection of fun graphic tees with every possible character/logo etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hanna Andersson has boxer briefs with Star Wars, Batman, Superman, etc. on them up to size XL which I think it 14-16.

For pajama pants I would buy what fits with a little growing room in the waist and hips, then shorten the legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My boys sleep in gym shorts I probably haven't bought actual PJs since they were 9
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We had to give up on hero prints, though there are some cute things available seasonally (we got Tasmanian Devil at Valentine's day, grinch for Christmas).

What inseam is he? We got pajama pants at Kohl's for cheap and shortened. (I actually just tacked them for later growth.) Then I got the plain solid color T's at Joann Fabric for pajama tops - they go on sale frequently; I got my last set 4/$10. Most of the year, though, DS wears Hanes Fleece shorts to bed.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For fun unders in men's small, you may want to keep an eye out for sales on Crazy Boxers. I get them off of Zulily pretty often for DS who wears a Men's Small. https://www.zulily.com/search?q=craz...ch=true&page=2
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Following. DS is super similar! I was eyeing three pairs of size 12 track pants at goodwill for 50 cent each wondering if I could straight up cut them to size and leave them raw hem? Crazy?

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's not Target prices, but I have gotten MeUndies for my 13 year old so he can have Marvel or Harry Potter, etc. Otherwise, mine wear Under Armor boxer briefs mostly. My oldest and youngest have serious hockey butt. (Oldest is actually adult sized though...he's 16).

My youngest goes back and forth between needing/not needing husky sizes and it's tough because they are often long. I ended up buying mostly joggers because at least they didn't hang. And he always grows up and then out, so when he hits a growth spurt, they start to fit well again...Bottoms from Lands End and Gap Kids most of the time. I have gotten him some joggers and shorts at Abercrombie kids, sized up as I feel like they run a bit shorter.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast