Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Well, I think it's about risk reduction and cost/benefit analysis. Unmasked school with evidence of high COVID transmission = benefit of in-person school not worth the risk of disease transmission. But, masked 100% of the time except for 20 minutes of socially distanced lunch with evidence of minimal COVID transmission may very well be worth the dramatically reduced risk to gain the (in many cases massive) benefit of in-person school. I certainly don't want to put teachers or students in harm's way nor do I want schools to drive increased transmission, but there's also a lot of smart people saying that COVID may be here to stay for the long haul, and I think it's detrimental to insist on COVID fully disappearing or absolutely zero risk before we start (safely, with precautions) bringing kids back into schools.

Note: I realize the point above that you made wasn't your own opinion but just what the teacher's union is saying, and I was replying to them, not necessarily you! : )
    Thank you! I agree.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

at my niece's school they take their masks off to eat, but can't talk- have to put the masks back on when they want to say something. DD is kind of the same I think, they are supposed to eat lunch in silence (the teacher plays a movie or music), they were eating outside when it was warmer (and didn't have that rule) but now they are in classrooms- I think around 10 or so kids (high school).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5