Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think we are all focused on COVID sanitization and not standard sanitation, and kids keep hearing hand sanitizer is the answer to everything in life, we all have. I wonder how many people just use that and think it will solve all the problems and they don't need to wash. There are so many things hand sanitizer won't kill but soap and water will.

I am just waiting for us to all go back to school in August and the lice to jump out of the woodwork and send us back to "old fashioned" parenting hygiene woes.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So sorry you have to deal with that. I've not, but we had scabies; similar treatment. Lots of "ick" factor.

Can you contact the school that they'll need to deep clean? Or would it be pointless now? (Since they'll claim they are, anyway?)

My guess is that they're doing lots of spraying with disinfectants, but they're probably not wiping down surfaces and vacuuming as much or as thoroughly as they were previously. That, and it's just extremely contagious among kids. So sorry it hit the same kid twice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2