Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What masks now?

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What masks now?

The kids are going back to hybrid school soon, and need more masks. We all love the MamaSeamstress ones y’all recommended, they are by far our favorite, but her Etsy shop is closed. I don’t know if I can wait for it to reopen (or if it will at this point.)

Is there another option? Should I be sending them with layered masks? And therefore need some other mask underneath as well?

No matter what we need more masks! Help, please!

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My boys love the 32 degrees brand. You can buy or online or my Costco also sells them.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I need more masks as dd took some of mine to college. I love the mama seamstress so bummed her shop is closed. In the past she has closed it from time to time.
    I want some cute ones with a nose wire and a place for a filter, though nowadays I use them with a surgical or kn95. The mama seamstress worked so well for the whole family, which is crazy as they are fussy lol
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

My kids are going to school in Happy Masks. After trying multiple brands and styles, everyone in our family prefers them. They have a built in filter and nose wire. Not cheap, but I feel like they are more protective than some and comfortable.

https://www.happymasks.com/collections/pro
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

My son’s favorites are the Old Navy ones. I did recently buy a trial pack of different of different kf (I think? Something like that) 94 masks from a website that was recommended here. They had some kinds in sizes small, medium, and large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Everyone in my house wears different styles. The round/contour styles don't work for DS and me. They don't stay up, even with wires. I think it's the shape of our noses.

I really like Old Navy. I'm a sucker for cute designs and they fit my face really well. Some people think they are too thin, but they pass the light and candle test.

DS wears Athleta's Everyday masks. These fit him the best out of what feels like the dozens I've bought. He also wears them for basketball.

DH has three Mama Seamstress masks that he loves. But since it looks like she's closed up shop, we've started buying these at Target. He says they are comfortable.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    My kids are going to school in Happy Masks. After trying multiple brands and styles, everyone in our family prefers them. They have a built in filter and nose wire. Not cheap, but I feel like they are more protective than some and comfortable.

https://www.happymasks.com/collections/pro
    How old are your kids? My older 2 have both found masks they like and will wear happily, but we struggle with my youngest who is 4.5. She doesn't mind wearing a mask, but we have a hard time with fit...many seem to slide up and cover her eyes. But she doesn't like the feel of pulling tighter on her ears to fix that (like with knotting the ear loops or pulling adjusters tighter).

The Happy masks you posted look good...trying to figure out if they are worth trying for little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    How old are your kids? My older 2 have both found masks they like and will wear happily, but we struggle with my youngest who is 4.5. She doesn't mind wearing a mask, but we have a hard time with fit...many seem to slide up and cover her eyes. But she doesn't like the feel of pulling tighter on her ears to fix that (like with knotting the ear loops or pulling adjusters tighter).

The Happy masks you posted look good...trying to figure out if they are worth trying for little ones.
    My youngest is 9 and is probably between the small and medium sizing. She wears the small since the medium is just a touch too big for comfort but if she opens her mouth all the way, it does shift. I think they like that the masks don't suck into their mouths when they breath and talk.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I posted on the other thread, and will post back if we find anything we like on Etsy, once we've tried them out. Looks like the features I want in a mask that is made in the US by a small business are now more accurately priced around $20 each in adult sizes. Ow.

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know how these compare to Mama Seamstress everyone has posted about, but everyone in my family now prefers these masks. We bought in store, but you can get them shipped. DS likes them for ice hockey, so they are good for a physically intense sport like that, too. Very easy to wash. For me at work, I prefer a K95 mask because we have a lot of people getting Covid and office closures as a result. When out shopping, I prefer the linked mask.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast