Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What masks now?

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What masks now?

So I ended up ordering the Save The KN95 masks in 3 different sizes because I liked that they had an Xsmall size (their child’s mask said ages 5-7) for Dd2, a small for Dd1 and a medium for myself. I ordered two for Dd2, 1 for Dd1, and the one for myself. They did have some slightly cuter prints too (I got pineapples, and cheetahs for Dd2, weenie and Frenchie dogs wearing berets for Dd1, and stars for myself). I ordered all 3 in the adjustable strap model.

I also ordered a pack of the 3 Adult Baggu masks so I will see how those work with Dd2 as well, but myself and DD1 liked the daisy prints and they should work well for us. I just couldn’t decide if a kids mask would be too small or not for DD2, she is average sized but almost 11. Their Instagram page had a toddler wearing the kids mask as well so I just wasn’t sure it would fit a 10 year old and I figured I could try the adult one on her first.

Will report back once we get them. I ordered the Baggu ones an hour ago and I already got a shipping notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-25-2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I also ordered a pack of the 3 Adult Baggu masks so I will see how those work with Dd2 as well, but myself and DD1 liked the daisy prints and they should work well for us. I just couldn’t decide if a kids mask would be too small or not for DD2, she is average sized but almost 11. Their Instagram page had a toddler wearing the kids mask as well so I just wasn’t sure it would fit a 10 year old and I figured I could try the adult one on her first.

Will report back once we get them. I ordered the Baggu ones an hour ago and I already got a shipping notice.
    Annie let me know how the adult Baggu masks fit DD2. DS2 is 11 and only the small MamaSeamstress masks have fit him well. The kids Baggu mask looked almost too small on their 10 year old model on the website.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We're transitioning to either a surgical mask with cloth cover, or KN95s. I have an order of Powecom masks from Bona Fide masks which is a trusted distributer.

We're wrangling with the thought of sending our kids back to school since our immediate family will be fully vaccinated in the coming week but the thing that makes me nervous is that our kids aren't vaccinated and do have risk factors. DD1 is doing great virtually but DD2 is really struggling. If we decide to send them back, I think I will send them in the Powecom masks with a 1-layer cotton cover (the cloth cover would be to help keep the KN95 clean and fitting as gapless as possible).

Duplicate post - sorry!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 02-26-2021 at 01:55 PM.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    We're transitioning to either a surgical mask with cloth cover, or KN95s. I have an order of Powecom masks from Bona Fide masks which is a trusted distributer.

We're wrangling with the thought of sending our kids back to school since our immediate family will be fully vaccinated in the coming week but the thing that makes me nervous is that our kids aren't vaccinated and do have risk factors. DD1 is doing great virtually but DD2 is really struggling. If we decide to send them back, I think I will send them in the Powecom masks with a 1-layer cotton cover (the cloth cover would be to help keep the KN95 clean and fitting as gapless as possible).
    Which masks did you buy for your DDs?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I'm using the same ones (Powecom) for DDs. They're tweens, so they're close to being small adult-sized. The masks are a little big on them, but all the edges seal down well with a cloth mask on top to help shape it to the face and if you shape the nose wire carefully (I like to get rid of that sharp fold and smooth out the curve by bending it over my finger), it works well.

Behealthyusa (I think also recommended upstream) has KF94s in kids sizes. A work colleague has ordered from them and they have lots of good choices, and you can create sampler packs. I haven't tried them, but in general that "3-D boat" design works really well for lots of face shapes. I only went with Powecom for now since they're cheaper.

Also, for glasses wearers!!! I ordered Nerdwax's Fog Block to try and am happy to report that IT WORKS. It is not perfect - it will not keep your glasses from fogging in extreme temp changes (very cold to warm, for example, and the fog that forms due to temperature changes is actually even harder to see through, almost "icy"-like) but for "once warmed up and acclimated indoors" use, it works great. I completed an entire grocery store trip, double-masked, without my glasses fogging once I was indoors and my glasses had warmed up to room temp. I use it once at the beginning of the day on CLEAN and oil-free glasses and as long as I don't touch or mess with the lenses, it lasts all day until I wash my glasses at the end of the day (I always wash my glasses before bed...my face is oily). So for kids in school with glasses, you could help them apply in the morning on clean glasses, and it would help with indoor classroom fogging all day.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 02-27-2021 at 12:50 PM.

duplicate again

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What masks now?

I just got 2 of the happy masks. The medium fits me and DS (16) well. DH would need a large. It sits out from your face a little, more like a duck bill mask but that means it’s away from your mouth and I could easily put a medical mask underneath. It fits our face and under our chin very well, no gaps. It didn’t fog up my glasses either. I think we’ll get a few more for return to school

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 02-27-2021 at 01:28 PM.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default What masks now?

I read you shouldn’t layer a cloth mask over a N95 or KN95. The kn95 on its own should be enough if it fits well. If it doesn’t fit, maybe try a different style.

I’ll try to find the article. If you’re layering masks it should be cloth over a medical mask

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...iltration.html

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 02-27-2021 at 01:23 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast