Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What masks now?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD likes the ones from Old Navy, but we're currently liking the freebie masks from our Girl Scout council that are soft, shaped, have the flexible nose piece, and adjustable ear straps. I wish I knew the brand, but they were a one-off thing from who knows where.

She also has a shaped mask from the Museum of the American Revolution, but it was a member exclusive so I can't link it. The outer fabric is silky, it has a filter pocket, and the inside is soft, but there is no nose wire.

My everyday masks are old-style pleated ones from Old Navy, but they don't fit as closely as I'd like. I double with a KN95 any time I need to spend more than a few minutes indoors anywhere.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I really like Old Navy. I'm a sucker for cute designs and they fit my face really well. Some people think they are too thin, but they pass the light and candle test.

DS wears Athleta's Everyday masks. These fit him the best out of what feels like the dozens I've bought. He also wears them for basketball.
    Do the Old Navy ones have the same crappy nose wire as the Athleta masks??? I have a 5 pack of the Athleta masks and I like the lightweight fabric but the nose wire is a joke! It doesn't bend or contour to the nose at all! It's like a plastic piece that just springs back flat when you try to bend it, leaving a big gap at the top of the mask which is not protective.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Do the Old Navy ones have the same crappy nose wire as the Athleta masks??? I have a 5 pack of the Athleta masks and I like the lightweight fabric but the nose wire is a joke! It doesn't bend or contour to the nose at all! It's like a plastic piece that just springs back flat when you try to bend it, leaving a big gap at the top of the mask which is not protective.
    I haven't tried their contour masks but I really like their pleated ones at ON. I got tired of the contoured masks and decided I liked pleated better.
    I saw a trick recently to criss cross each elastic strap before looping around your ear for a more airtight fit. I haven't tried that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    My kids are going to school in Happy Masks. After trying multiple brands and styles, everyone in our family prefers them. They have a built in filter and nose wire. Not cheap, but I feel like they are more protective than some and comfortable.

https://www.happymasks.com/collections/pro
    What size do your kids wear and what age are they? DS2 is 11 and his size small MamaSeamstress mask measures closer to the size Medium Happy mask.

The pleated ones don't, but their new "active" contour style does. But it feels very similar to the wire in the Athleta Everyday pleated masks, so you probably wouldn't like it. DS and I have somewhat flat noses at the top, so masks tend to fit us fine there without any gaps. Even though DS wears the Athleta version, I never do anything really with wire. It's handy so that DS knows which way to put it on.

I think that's why contour masks are a flop for us. They always slide right off of our noses. I don't think we have enough of a tip to keep them from sliding down. lol
    Last edited by carolinacool; 02-17-2021 at 05:59 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids are going to school in Happy Masks. After trying multiple brands and styles, everyone in our family prefers them. They have a built in filter and nose wire. Not cheap, but I feel like they are more protective than some and comfortable.

https://www.happymasks.com/collections/pro
    This makes me happy! I used to work with the founder/owner of happy masks. It's a great product!
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

What size do your kids wear and what age are they? DS2 is 11 and his size small MamaSeamstress mask measures closer to the size Medium Happy mask.
    DS1(15) with a small head, DS2(12) average sized head, and I wear size medium. DH wears a large.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    This makes me happy! I used to work with the founder/owner of happy masks. It's a great product!
    Did you recommend them? So many of the masks we've tried were from posts on BBB. Nonetheless, we are very happy with our Happy Masks!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

DS1(15) with a small head, DS2(12) average sized head, and I wear size medium. DH wears a large.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    Did you recommend them? So many of the masks we've tried were from posts on BBB. Nonetheless, we are very happy with our Happy Masks!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I did! Thanks for trying them.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

Are the Happy Masks really hand wash only??? I've never bought anything that had to be hand washed. I'm way too lazy for that! All the masks we have get thrown in a lingerie bag and get machine washed and dried.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast