Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What masks now?

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Are the Happy Masks really hand wash only??? I've never bought anything that had to be hand washed. I'm way too lazy for that! All the masks we have get thrown in a lingerie bag and get machine washed and dried.
    Yes, I handwash. It's not that bad since we all wear them but I can see how that's undesirable. I have a tub I fill with warm soapy water and soak and swish them about twice a week.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My boys prefer the under armor ones. They are a bit pricey but at least they keep them on without complaint. They are supposed to be hand wash but I just toss them in on the gentle cycle in a bra washing mesh dome thing.

I bought two from this Etsy seller and they are very well made and have a filter pocket. I got mediums but probably a large would have been better. https://www.etsy.com/listing/8497849...f=yr_purchases

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just bought Baggu masks and love them - great coverage, good solid nose wire. I got the flower designs. My kids keep telling me I can't order more masks - they basically have just been wearing the disposable as they have the best nose wire and are best for sports for them, but I couldn't resist these and now they are definitely my favorites. They also make them in kid sizes.

https://baggu.com/products/fabric-mask-set-loop-patio
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    I just bought Baggu masks and love them - great coverage, good solid nose wire. I got the flower designs. My kids keep telling me I can't order more masks - they basically have just been wearing the disposable as they have the best nose wire and are best for sports for them, but I couldn't resist these and now they are definitely my favorites. They also make them in kid sizes.

https://baggu.com/products/fabric-mask-set-loop-patio
    Did you try the string tie ones or the elastic ear ones? The string ties are on sale.....

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got one of these from an Etsy seller - we got a M, which fits DH - I will be ordering more for the kids, but based on the M they seem about a size bigger than MamaSeamstress, so I will order our teen girls smalls.

They are very similar for the mask itself - the filter pocket is more accessible than the Target masks. The various strap choices are more adjustable and are probably a step up from MamaSeamstress. Yes, they do cost a lot more - though shipping is included. You do get a bit of a break if you order two. No filters included, but we are using the blue shop towels cut into filters, as they tested as being effective and I like cutting filters to the exact size of the mask if I can - it seems questionable to me that a filter that is smaller than the mask would work, though I know that is common practice.

I will try a couple different strap styles - the adjustable and one piece, as if we are double masking I have concerns about the comfort of two elastics behind ears along with eyeglass ear pieces.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7915203...on0=1422849012

These tick a lot of my boxes - nose wire feels sturdy and stays bent, good filter pocket, looks like a small business and they donate to the food bank, and lots of fabric choices. Shipping was super fast, too, for us - though we are only a couple states away.

I will also likely try the Baggu masks someone recommended on the other thread, and am waiting for some origami masks to arrive from a place called OliveandLou - no idea how those will review for us yet.

I wonder if masks can be written off for FSA accounts - it seems like they should be, as they are a medical necessity.

ETA - I looked, and apparently, masks are not generally able to be bought with FSA funds unless your FSA admin allows it, or you have a note from the Dr stating medical necessity (probably like asthmatics in smokey areas). This is the *stupidest* BS I have ever heard given the situation.
    Last edited by robinsmommy; 02-23-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: more info

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

How are these new mask finds with glasses? My favorites are Tieks (but they are only sold with a shoe purchase and Rothy’s....although those need to be hand washed in cold water and hang dried) so I need something that works for me when wearing sunglasses and Dds both wear glasses. They currently wear either hand made ones from my mom or the surgical ones. Dd2 maybe returning to school early next month so I might need some comfy ones that she won’t complain are fogging up her glasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Bumping for responses regarding how these work with glasses. I am thinking of ordering the Baggu ones. Dd2 is scheduled to go back to school on 3/8 now so I need to order soon.

Does anyone else think that the kids mask looks small on the 10 year old, but perfect for the 5 year old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post
    I got one of these from an Etsy seller - we got a M, which fits DH - I will be ordering more for the kids, but based on the M they seem about a size bigger than MamaSeamstress, so I will order our teen girls smalls.

They are very similar for the mask itself - the filter pocket is more accessible than the Target masks. The various strap choices are more adjustable and are probably a step up from MamaSeamstress. Yes, they do cost a lot more - though shipping is included. You do get a bit of a break if you order two. No filters included, but we are using the blue shop towels cut into filters, as they tested as being effective and I like cutting filters to the exact size of the mask if I can - it seems questionable to me that a filter that is smaller than the mask would work, though I know that is common practice.

I will try a couple different strap styles - the adjustable and one piece, as if we are double masking I have concerns about the comfort of two elastics behind ears along with eyeglass ear pieces.

These tick a lot of my boxes - nose wire feels sturdy and stays bent, good filter pocket, looks like a small business and they donate to the food bank, and lots of fabric choices. Shipping was super fast, too, for us - though we are only a couple states away.

I will also likely try the Baggu masks someone recommended on the other thread, and am waiting for some origami masks to arrive from a place called OliveandLou - no idea how those will review for us yet.

I wonder if masks can be written off for FSA accounts - it seems like they should be, as they are a medical necessity.

ETA - I looked, and apparently, masks are not generally able to be bought with FSA funds unless your FSA admin allows it, or you have a note from the Dr stating medical necessity (probably like asthmatics in smokey areas). This is the *stupidest* BS I have ever heard given the situation.

Those etsy ones look good! They aren't too far from me, and I like that they are donating the proceeds. Since it might be bigger than mama seamstress, I'll size down.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by robinsmommy View Post

Is the mask you got from here made with the thicker adjustable strap vs regular elastic? The thicker fabric looks like it would be softer, more comfortable and more durable, but I'm wondering if it's too bulky when wearing glasses? Can you tell me your thoughts? Both my boys wear glasses and I'm always in sunglasses when outside.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I too was wondering which straps to choose.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast