Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Another appliance thread....dishwasher recommendation please

We have a Miele Futura Crystal (model has now been discontinued as of sometime in 2020) and it is amazing. I love that the racks move and I have really embraced using the 3rd row for pretty much anything that will fit. We bought a floor model from the appliance store and saved a few hundred so it brought the price down to the same as the Kitchen Aid we originally went in to look at. We have the front panel control version. I would look at some local dealers and see if they have a floor model.

I believe this is the model that has replaced the Futura Crystal: https://www.mieleusa.com/e/fully-int...eel-10410050-p

If you have hard water I highly recommend the model with the salt addition option; my dishes are spotless and our water is pretty hard. If you don’t need the salt, movable racks, or the China/Crystal setting I would go with a lower model; however my Dh loved the flexibility of the movable racks so that was also part of the reason we ended up going with the mode (even before we learned of the floor model discount).

We had the 2019 early 2020 Wirecutter recommended Kitchen Aid dishwasher (w/o 3rd rack) in our old house and it was great, however that model no longer exists and has now been replaced by a model with the 3rd rack, but when we went to look at it this model in person I thought the 3rd rack was awkward. Here is the current Kitchen Aid model:
    https://www.abt.com/KitchenAid-24-44.../p/142684.html
    (Our model had the integrated panel and we had no issues with it, but prior posts here have indicated that moisture could build up in the integrated top panel).

We had also thought about a Bosch but I didn’t care for the slanted spaces for the dishes (when I was loading my Grandma’s Bosch....I think she has the 800); it just seemed awkward to load. Our last has a few smaller ones meant for appetizer plates and they are fine for that, but the Bosch had then for all sizes of plates and I just didn’t care for it.

ETA: here are photos of the 3rd rack of the Miele, and the bottom rack. On any Miele anything with the orange color on it it means that the piece can be moved.

ETA2: love the pop open drawer for drying, and we are occasionally guilty of pre rinsing hard baked stuff off of dishes now; we used to pre rinse everything so this is a big step for us....not pre rinsing as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 02-16-2021 at 09:10 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We just replaced our 6 yr old kitchen aid that had a 3rd rack and adjustable 2nd rack. It didn't seem to be doing a good job cleaning any more and all the plastic parts were decomposing. Like we had the 2nd rack attached to the rail with zip ties! We talked to our repair guy and he said he had just replaced the same dishwasher, just way to much money to replace just the plastic parts and we should expect it keep failing in new ways. I'm so frustrated with appliances these days, I don't even want to do any research and I don't even want to spend any money since it seems like nothing lasts. So my criteria for this dishwasher was under 1K, as little plastic as possible, and a 3rd rack if I could get it, we did really use ours.
    We ended up with an Asko like this, not as well known in the US, but it met my 3 conditions and got good reviews online where we could find them. Still figuring out how to load it (it does feel like it holds less than our kitchenaid but DH disagrees and I'll own up to having not watched the 'how to load' videos he did )
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wencit View Post
    Bosch just started offering that feature on their 500 series models last year. I absolutely love it! The biggest complaint by far I've read about Bosch dishwashers is that they don't dry their dishes as well as the heated ones. With the pop open to dry feature, I never have that problem. We usually start our dishwasher at night, and by morning, my dishes and glasses are completely dry. Love it.
    Oh, that's cool that other brands have that now. At the time we bought ours, only Miele had that. It did make narrowing down the choice faster at least! We hate handwashing so much we barely made it 48 hours before I was calling every Miele dealer in the area to try to find one in stock.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Another appliance thread....dishwasher recommendation please

Maybe it just us, but we rarely pre-rinse and the dishes are always clean. We don’t have the pop open feature, but usually run dishwasher at night and unstack late the next day so it’s all dry. If some plastic isn’t, I just leave it on drying mat we use for items that get hand washed. I don’t like how our Bosch fits our plates/glasses but DH tells me I’m not stacking it correctly. Certain things fit a certain way.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

We are in the "don't prerinse" club too. We don't have a problem except when the filter gets dirty or if we have cooked something with a lot of spices (chili, curry, etc). For some reason the bits of ground spice end up on the insides of all the cups. I do pre rinse my dutch oven because of this.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I will never buy another Bosch as long as I live after the nightmare experience I’ve had last year. You will find my threads if you search. CS was the worst I have ever ever experienced.

We have a Bosch - mid of the line - with the third rack and its lasted 5 years and still going strong. No problems and the dishes come out dry except the plastic covers. The plastics don't deteriorate like the heated dry and I can load it in any of the racks. I overload the dishwasher with multiple layers of pans in the bottom rack and it cleans beautifully. No rinsing of plates and bowls but I do pre-rinse pans and get some crud out. I don't care about fitting bowls and such just load it up to make sure water can get to all them and that's it. We have a whole house water softener so I specifically got the model without the water softener feature (got this tip from some of the reviews since it can lead to etching if the water is too soft)

My previous GE was a total lemon and lasted just a year. I feel with any appliance if you end up with a lemon its a horrible experience.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am really happy with our Miele dishwashers. Zero issues in 4 years.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I will never buy another Bosch as long as I live after the nightmare experience I’ve had last year. You will find my threads if you search. CS was the worst I have ever ever experienced.
    Sorry for the hijack, but what was the final result of the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Don't get a Frigidaire or Electrolux. We had nothing but problems. We moved to another house 4 years ago and knew we'd eventually have to replace their old looking dw. We wanted a Bosch, but didn't like the way the racks were laid out. I didn't want a third top rack and I hate the option with hidden buttons. It gets steam stuck in there and screws up the functionality of the buttons.

We ended up with a kitchenaid with stainless steel interior. We've had it for about a year and a half and so far so good. It washes well and isn't that loud.

We wanted a Miele, but they didn't have any in stock and we needed a dw right away because ours broke.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast