Default Colorado parents near the Summit County ski areas...help needed

We booked a trip to Breckenridge but the ski school is completely sold out for 7-14 year old group lessons. I keep logging on each day, and called the ski school who also verified that I will just have to get lucky and see if there is a cancellation. There are not even one-on-ones available.

My 11 year old has skied 2x before but it was 6 years ago and I just wanted her to have at least a half to full day of ski school or a few hrs of 1:1. . She did well then but on the last day skied on a green that was icy and had a hard fall because she would not listen and traverse, and just decided to go straight down and be defiant LOL. So it did not end on a good note lol. The sleep deprivation of staying up late with the other families' kids caught up to her.

The rest of my family can ski greens/blues fairly well so I'd really like her to get instruction from someone other than us, so that we can have a better chance of all skiing together.

So if you have any friends who are ski instructors and have access to Breck I will pay them well for instruction! I'm desperate at this point!! Thanks in advance

Marcy

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m sorry.... all the ski stuff has been booking really early this year. We have been to Breckenridge previous years and even then you have to book school & lessons really early. I would see if there is a group on Facebook you can post to. Or maybe Craigslist? Or anyway you can reach college students that may have a pass. You could try to call some of the ski rental places.. they may know some private instructors. Or whoever your lodging is through may be able to recommend someone. I would not count on getting into a lesson unless they add spots.

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you checked some of the other mountains closeby to see if they have a day available? Keystone maybe?

Things booked up early this year and ski schools are really limited because of covid. We hired a private instructor for March at the beginning of January (in Beaver Creek, which is a less crowded area than Breck. Breck is really really popular).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I thought of Keystone, I was just hoping not to have to do that because we paid extra to have a ski in/ski out at Breck, to make it easy to come back to our condo for lunch and then head out. So I'd like to take advantage of that. I thought of asking the instructors at the ski school is they wanted to do "something on the side" and also thought of Craigslist. However, I would attend the lesson too if I do CL, because I don't want to leave her with a stranger.

I will look into all of these options, thank you!!!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009