Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 is scheduled to go for the first time this summer. It’s $2,500 for a week.

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

All 4 of my kids are BSA scouts and the 2 youngest are going to camp this summer. I’m pretty sure they just told us that it’s $125 per kid for 6 days and nights. They have cabins available with no A/C but the kids will probably sleep in their tents which they like to put up themselves.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

hbridge is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are looking at two very different camps... One is $700 a week (very rustic, low key), the other is about $2500 a week (extremely specialized, but also very rustic).

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We are doing a sleep away camp that is about a month in New Hampshire. Cost is about 1600 a week. It’s super out door oriented. No horses. They do overnight trips for camping and kayaking etc. very simply living.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

$4700 for four weeks for a Jewish camp in Indiana.
    Same camp. DD going for nine weeks as her "CIT sort of" summer. Still $5400. But keep in mind it is *rustic* - only one building with AC, bathrooms in a bathhouse complete with spiders, etc. No horses. No lake. Partially subsidized. It's a lot of money (but worth every penny in DD's case) - but still on the very reasonable end outside of scouts or heavily subsidized church camps.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

$800 a week for a basic outdoor camp on a lake in cabins (no a/c) on the North Shore in MA. Tons of outdoor activities. I am amazed by the range of prices here!!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Only one of mine is going to a true summer camp this year - it's $1,800 a week for a 3-week expedition camp with front and back country camping, kayaking, rafting and mountaineering. Not cheap at all, but the quality of the experience is amazing (he has gone on a shorter one before and DD has done trips through them as well). Both DSs are doing shorter (5 day) residential sports camps too (if not canceled for Covid) - those are $1,500 a week (soccer and ice hockey). We are in a HCOL area, although none of these are local to us.

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    Only one of mine is going to a true summer camp this year - it's $1,800 a week for a 3-week expedition camp with front and back country camping, kayaking, rafting and mountaineering. Not cheap at all, but the quality of the experience is amazing (he has gone on a shorter one before and DD has done trips through them as well). Both DSs are doing shorter (5 day) residential sports camps too (if not canceled for Covid) - those are $1,500 a week (soccer and ice hockey). We are in a HCOL area, although none of these are local to us.
    Do you mind me asking what company this is through? It sounds exactly like something my older teens would love.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Do you mind me asking what company this is through? It sounds exactly like something my older teens would love.
    Overland Summers. They are fantastic. Our kids have done trips to Iceland, the Sierras and now Pacific Northwest, all hiking focused but they usually include some multi-sport days - my kids have kayaked, climbed, rafted, ice climbed, glacier trekked. But know tons of people who have gone all over with them and have never heard a bad review. I think DS2 will stick with going with them most summers through high school and add language or service components as he gets older. He has talked about wanting to work for them in college. Their language/hiking trips are excellent. We have friends whose kids did Chamonix language and hiking and loved it. I wanted mine to do Pyrenees and Spanish but this year they switched their Spanish trip to Costa Rica (for obvious Covid/travel reasons). I'm hoping the Pyrenees trip comes back in the future because that trip would be super easy to do while we are over in Portugal.

My DS was supposed to go last summer for the first time but it was canceled due to covid. He will hopefully go this summer. It’s $3200 for 2 weeks. We are in chicago so a high COL area and this seems in line with most of the sleep away camps in the area (maybe a little higher than most but not by much). The camp is in western Michigan. They have a bus from chicago and detroit so most of the kids are from those two metro areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast