Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh, you guys have come to the rescue. There are so many good ideas and yummy recipes here. This really helps. Thank you!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

https://www.lifeisbutadish.com/mexic...-recipes-14106

Mexican Lasagna! I make this weekly and my whole family loves it. Super easy to make too!
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t really use a recipe for lasagna. I add the layers I mentioned above:

sauce and mushrooms (and sometimes the veggie ground round)- you can add other veggies like bell pepper or zucchini
    pasta,
    ricotta and spinach,
    pasta,
    sauce and
    finally mozzarella and parmesan

. The main thing is to put lots of sauce on top so the top doesn’t get dried out. Depending on what pasta you use, if you use dry pasta, then wet the noodles. I follow the recipe on the pasta box to determine timings, and then add whatever layers I want.
    I also uncover for the last 10 minutes to let it brown.

The tik tok feta tomato pasta bake is actually really good.

Is the entire family vegetarian? Do they eat cheese? Meatless charcuterie platters are very fun. Cheese, assorted crackers, fruit, olives, cornichons, hummus, roasted peppers, nuts, etc. My kids love charcuterie night and only 2 out of the 5 of us eat meat.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have any main dish ideas, but I hope you make your fruit salad for them! I follow your suggestions for fruit combinations, and the result is colorful and delicious.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom View Post
    I don't have any main dish ideas, but I hope you make your fruit salad for them! I follow your suggestions for fruit combinations, and the result is colorful and delicious.
    Wow, I haven’t made that in ages! You remembered! I’d almost forgotten about it. You’re right, that’s a yummy salad and the little kids would probably love it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Wow, I haven’t made that in ages! You remembered! I’d almost forgotten about it. You’re right, that’s a yummy salad and the little kids would probably love it.
    Ooh - please share your recipe!

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like this vegetable soup recipe.
    https://dinnerthendessert.com/vegetable-soup/

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm probably too late to the game, but I've made this for vegetarian friends --it's super easy to prepare (b/c it's mostly just a lot of chopping) and it always gets rave reviews. My family adores it too. Just double the chickpeas -- they go fast!

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/c...hawarma-bowls/

(not that this is your situation but it also works great for families where only one person is a vegetarian (or even vegan) b/c you can use the chickpea spices as a rub for chicken and grill a couple breasts to include as well. Since everything is served separately and people combine themselves, it's easy for everyone to make theirs how they'd like.
    Lizi

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm probably too late to the game, but I've made this for vegetarian friends --it's super easy to prepare (b/c it's mostly just a lot of chopping) and it always gets rave reviews. My family adores it too. Just double the chickpeas -- they go fast!

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/c...hawarma-bowls/

(not that this is your situation but it also works great for families where only one person is a vegetarian (or even vegan) b/c you can use the chickpea spices as a rub for chicken and grill a couple breasts to include as well. Since everything is served separately and people combine themselves, it's easy for everyone to make theirs how they'd like.
    Lizi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast