Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I don’t think he is. I’m reading articles by teachers saying it’s awful. Don’t think everyone knows they feel that way

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I've posted about my experience before. It's pretty awful for us. Maybe with better supports - additional staff and equipment it would be better but yeah, not impressed so far.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AustenFan View Post
    My brother is a public high school math teacher, and his district decided in August that all teachers would be teaching in-person and virtually at the same time. They have a needlessly confusing platter of hybrid options, so on a given day, 1/4-3/4 of his students are virtual, but some are in front of him in the classroom. He HATES it. So hard to teach to a screen and to live students simultaneously. He feels that he's always doing someone a disservice. He loves kids, loves teaching, loves math, but I'm 95% sure he's quitting this job at the end of the year. Last week when they had snow days, he actually drove out of state back to our hometown where he started his teaching career and talked to his old boss about the odds of getting hired there again (because their teachers are either 100% virtual or 100% in person).

But reading these other replies, he must be in the minority of teachers feeling this way. Hmm.
    Your brother is in the norm! I belong to many teacher groups and those teaching in person and online at the same time are struggling and it’s a miserable situation to be put in. I don’t think many who are not actually in the classroom teaching, realize what it actually requires of the teacher.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4