Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    coolae is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Girls Swimsuits with light padding for older girl sizes?

Title says it all. I'm looking for one-piece or tankini suits for my 12 year old and have only found padded suits at Lands End, Billabong, and a few options at Athleta. Am I missing any? I'm not in love with the looks of what I've found so far.
    TIA!

Meant to post this in the lounge! Anyone know how I can move it?
    Last edited by coolae; 02-21-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Great question. My oldest has sized out of kids and needs women’s. I hope something fills the hole Justice is leaving in the swimsuit world.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Following. My 11yr old is tiny for her age (wears mostly 10s) but has started to develop.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Following! We did Athleta Girl and ON for my older DD - both have good options. Younger loves Tea but will probably need a little coverage this summer (she'll be 11).

for Sandy Hook

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think DD1 had suits from Justice the years she was 11; sadly I don’t think that is an option anymore as they closed most stores I think. She has been happy with Target for the last couple of years since probably turning 12. Dd2 has also worn mainly Target or Speedo suits (from Costco) since she outgrew Gymboree suits at 5-6. The Speedo suits do run small though so I would size up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Lands end, Boden and garnet hill have worked for my 13 years old.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do the Lands End ones on girls sizes have actual padding? I am only seeing ones that say there is a double lined shelf bra once you get to size 12. DD is 12 and definitely needs padding. She can wear XXS women’s sizes but that means they are a lot more $ so trying to find girls 14/16 with padding.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    Do the Lands End ones on girls sizes have actual padding? I am only seeing ones that say there is a double lined shelf bra once you get to size 12. DD is 12 and definitely needs padding. She can wear XXS women’s sizes but that means they are a lot more $ so trying to find girls 14/16 with padding.
    You are right. I realized after posting that it was a shelf bra! I also realized that my DD has one of them from last year, but the double lined shelf bra doesn't offer much.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by coolae View Post
    You are right. I realized after posting that it was a shelf bra! I also realized that my DD has one of them from last year, but the double lined shelf bra doesn't offer much.
    Agree- we have some too w/ the shelf bra and it isn’t enough especially in solid colors. By end of summer last year DD was wearing rash guards over all her suits... which honestly I want for sun protection anyway but not because she isn’t comfortable in her swim suit.

She doesn’t like any of the Athleta Girl styles so I’m probably going to be stuck paying women’s prices. Will keep looking though.

Updating this post because I just found the motherload of tween girl bathing suits yesterday while browsing at Dillard's! Their Big Girl 7-16 section was full of cute suits and it looked like most of them had padding. No deals but I bought two anyways for $30-40 because they were so nice!

Looks like they are available online as well:

https://www.dillards.com/search-term...suits-coverups

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast