I haven't seen my dad in well over a year, so I am going to take the kids and Margot the Mutt to see him. It's about an 8 hour drive through COVID country in Texas, so I'm not too excited about it. We will take our own food to eat on the way and wipe our shoes after potty breaks. I feel a bit more comfortable visiting him now that he's vaccinated. After we leave his house, we will travel 2 hours south to my mom's house, as she will be fully vaccinated by then. I am contemplating canceling the trip to her house out of spite, but I know DD3 will want to go see her.

This part should go in BP, but she called me this past weekend and told me that they are driving within a mile of my house (mind you, they haven't seen me or my kids in over a year, and they live 5-6 hours away) on their way to Houston for a funeral. I asked her to please stop by and say hi on the way to the funeral vs. on the way home. She declined, then told me that she stopped at her sister's house for two hours. I am a bit hurt over the situation.