Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
Apparently, suggesting this means I'm "rejecting" them.

I don't even care if he has the patience to take DD anywhere. If they need the change of scenery so much, they can figure it out.

When we take our beach week, I usually drag DD along to walk when we're up earlier than DH. We walk the Boardwalk and have a treats breakfast - coffee for me, smoothies for DD, pastries for both of us ... sometimes we buy shave ice - and walk back, hit the shower, and decide where we'll play mini-golf that day. And despite that technically being a "family vacation," I'm now familiar enough with the location that I don't feel like I need DH in tow to do things. I can just grab DD and go wherever our feet take us!

But new places that he's pushing to visit and he's pitching as a "family vacation"? That's when I get really frustrated.
It’s perfectly acceptable for you to say the trip doesn’t work for you. Full stop. No need to explain or feel guilty. He can decide to plan something that works for everyone or decide to take DD on his own. Choice is his but it doesn’t have to be your problem.