Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Apparently, suggesting this means I'm "rejecting" them.

I don't even care if he has the patience to take DD anywhere. If they need the change of scenery so much, they can figure it out.

When we take our beach week, I usually drag DD along to walk when we're up earlier than DH. We walk the Boardwalk and have a treats breakfast - coffee for me, smoothies for DD, pastries for both of us ... sometimes we buy shave ice - and walk back, hit the shower, and decide where we'll play mini-golf that day. And despite that technically being a "family vacation," I'm now familiar enough with the location that I don't feel like I need DH in tow to do things. I can just grab DD and go wherever our feet take us!

But new places that he's pushing to visit and he's pitching as a "family vacation"? That's when I get really frustrated.
    It’s perfectly acceptable for you to say the trip doesn’t work for you. Full stop. No need to explain or feel guilty. He can decide to plan something that works for everyone or decide to take DD on his own. Choice is his but it doesn’t have to be your problem.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

What about camping or glamping? Anywhere close enough that your family has never been? Sleeping outdoors is such a change of scenery! Those yogi bear campgrounds could be so fun and cheesy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    What about camping or glamping? Anywhere close enough that your family has never been? Sleeping outdoors is such a change of scenery! Those yogi bear campgrounds could be so fun and cheesy.
    My sister wants to go to a Jellystone Park campground, and I'd rather go with her (and her kids!) than go with DH.

He's weird about camping - he keeps bringing it up, but getting him out anywhere without WiFi is like pulling teeth, so I can't see it happening.

We started to talk about what we could do as day-trips, and he's already suggested the shore (we'll be renting for a week in late July) and that's fine. Although figuring out bathroom breaks is going to be challenging.

At this point, since the break is coming up quite soon, I don't think we'll be able to book anything at this point.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

double post; sorry!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

So, beyond DH wanting to take somewhere between 7 and 9 PTO days (because he carried over 10 from 2020, and leveled up on vacation time), we've agreed that traveling to stay overnight anywhere is outside our comfort zone.

We'll plan a few day-trips, assuming the weather cooperates, which, well ... March in NJ can either be great or it can stink; there is no in-between.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

double-post; sorry!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    My sister wants to go to a Jellystone Park campground, and I'd rather go with her (and her kids!) than go with DH.

He's weird about camping - he keeps bringing it up, but getting him out anywhere without WiFi is like pulling teeth, so I can't see it happening.

We started to talk about what we could do as day-trips, and he's already suggested the shore (we'll be renting for a week in late July) and that's fine. Although figuring out bathroom breaks is going to be challenging.

At this point, since the break is coming up quite soon, I don't think we'll be able to book anything at this point.
    I feel like there is wifi at Jellystone parks, but correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t see how my DH would have survived if not. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    I feel like there is wifi at Jellystone parks, but correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t see how my DH would have survived if not. Does anyone know?

Yes, although it's not super fast.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was supposed to go with my DC to the Caribbean but I am not vaccinated and neither are they plus I don’t feel comfortable flying so we cancelled the trip. So sad. My parents are actually going there tomorrow but they have both been vaccinated. My mom really isn’t thrilled about going but my dad wanted to go so they are going. Fortunately a relative has a house in Florida so we are driving there for spring break. I haven’t had a vacation since December 2019 so I really need one! I’m not looking forward to the drive but I’ll probably let DS drive part of the way. It will be worth it since we will be near the beach and they have a pool at their house.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Duplicate.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast